how to reduce user list in "Approving Users"

Description
Zwi_B&R

how to reduce user list in "Approving Users"

Postby Zwi_B&R » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:08 am

Hello!

We have quite a lot of polarion users, but most of them may only do modifications in a view of the projects.
Therefore their rights are limited to those view projects.
With this I was able to reduce the list that I get for "Assignee" (-> role project_assignable).

But in "Approving Users" I always get the list of ALL users (actually more than 40), which is quite inconvient.

How can I reduce the list for "Approving Users" ?
I already did some tests with the role "user", but it seems that I have to grant it global, because otherwise the user gets disabled (even if I give him a "user" role in one of the projects instead).

(We haven't done any changes in permissions.xml up to now; Polarion 2010 Build: 3.4.3.20100827-0139)

Thanks
Roman

tvizirov

Re: how to reduce user list in "Approving Users"

Postby tvizirov » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Dear Roman,

It is possible to have certain users granted rw rights to a certain project. However, it is not possible to modify the users listed in the drop down menu of the appoval section. The drop down menu shows all users from the portal and it cannot be modified.

Furthermore you can specify users who will have read/write rights to a project and others with only read rights, which will limit the people who can approve. To do that create a role and add any user you like to the role. Then go to the administration of the project and in User Management click on Access Management. In the Role Assignment on the right, add the role you created and give it rw rights. Thus all users assigned to that role will be able to approve.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Teodor Vizirov

Zwi_B&R

Postby Zwi_B&R » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 am

Hi Teodor!

Thanks for your reply!

... it is not possible to modify the users listed in the drop down menu of the appoval section.

This seems to be a useful improvement for future polarion versions.

I was thinking that our project is still quite small. But in fact we should be lucky that the other departments are not using polarion - otherwise the list would be MUCH longer...

regards
Roman

manlaziba

Postby manlaziba » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:37 am

HI

This is an important issue for a big organization, where approvers have to be found in a long drop down menu.
Any chance to improve it?

Cheers
Manlaziba

Zwi_B&R

Postby Zwi_B&R » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:57 am

You can quite simply work around it if you just start typing in the name of the person you want to enter.
This will immediately reduce the list to the entries that match what you're typing.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”