nevgeniev

types of wiki pages

Postby nevgeniev » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:54 am

Hi,

there are three types of wiki pages in polarion alm:

• Content page
  • Portal page
  • Active page
There is statement in the docs that active page may contain javascript velocity code and so on... Unfortunately there is no samples.. are there working ones (javascript)?

NickEntin

Re: types of wiki pages

Postby NickEntin » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 am

Hello,

you might find following example interesting: http://extensions.polarion.com/polarion ... sion=PE-12

Best regards,
Nick

nevgeniev

Postby nevgeniev » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi,

[quote="NickEntin"]
you might find following example interesting: http://extensions.polarion.com/polarion ... sion=PE-12
[/quote]

Thank you a lot - that sample is a good start indeed. But what if I need other services as well (not only trackerService) where should I look to see what is available? Also it would be nice to see how to include javascript code (let's say generate javascript code by velocity)

nevgeniev

Postby nevgeniev » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Thank you -- just found everything I need :)

rnmosaic

Postby rnmosaic » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Is there a way where I can use a macro or a special query to display the linked revisions (files) associated with a set of work items (as in a sprint) using a wiki page?

That would help us a lot and make this already powerful polarion software - more powerful for us.

Regards,
Ramesh

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:23 am

Hi Ramesh,

virtually you have full API access over the Velocity macros. So you may iterate over the WorkItems, get linked revisions and build a Wiki table with those revisions.
I didn't try that and so far haven't seen such script already written, but principally this should be possible.

Best regards,
Nick

rnmosaic

Postby rnmosaic » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi Nick,

Can you help me with some sample code regarding this please ?

Once we set it up on our end, I can share this with you so that it can be made available to all Polarion users for future use. (If they wish to).

Please advise.

Regards,
Ramesh

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi Ramesh,

unfortunately I'm overloaded to help here.
The start point is already described - you may use the Wiki pages from the extension referred above.
Other API methods are described in SDK (see ALM distribution).

If you need more concrete help, please contact your salesrep at Polarion - he will be able to connect you with our Professional Services.

Best regards,
Nick

rnmosaic

Postby rnmosaic » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank you Nick,

I will follow up with my local support team.

Regards,
Ramesh N

dirkster

Postby dirkster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi nevgeniev

I am also looking to generate javascript for usage in a Polarion Wiki page. From what I gather this could work in velocity but I cannot find a working sample anywhere. Can you send me what you found on this topic? A simple Hello World in Javascript would be a starter form which I could go - but somehow I cannot get even this to work :cry:

Regards Dirkster

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Dirkster,

not sure this is exactly what you're looking for: http://extensions.polarion.com/polarion ... nsion=PE-1

Please consider Polarion POP site (http://extensions.polarion.com) as source for various examples :)

Best regards,
Nick

dirkster

Postby dirkster » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi Nick,

I would like to generate javascript that is executed on the client side - not on the server. I would like to generate a similar object as when queriying with the workitem macro and generating a table that is expandable.

In other words, I would like to generate a table that is only visible if/when the user clicks on expand (without re-loading the page). To my knowledge this is best implemented in javascript on the client side but somehow I cannot get this to work. Does anyone have a working sample for something like this?

dirkster

Postby dirkster » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:58 am

Hi,

I want to generate Javascript to be used on the client side. Earlier on, I thought this needs some special configuration on the server side but this appears to work by simply stating the correct statements.

My Problem, though, appears to be the following:
In my javascript code there is a reference to an array object:
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
var _oDT = oDT[i];
</script>

And that reference is being interpreted by the Polarion Wiki syntax as a link, so it gets replaced with a link
var _oDT = oDT<a onclick="return checkDiscardChanges();" class="wikicreatelink" ..
</script>

Escaping the squared bracket with backslash does not help because the result is:
var _oDT = oDT&#91;i&#93;;<p class="paragraph"/>
</script>

...which is not valid JavaScript on the client side (browser). So, I guess my question is now:
What is the best way to escape a squared bracket in Javascript - do I need to configure a separate
tool for this or is this possible out of the box?

Cheers Dirk

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:51 am

Hi Dirk,

honestly I'm lost here. I don't really understand what you want to achieve and why.
You may create your own JS, polarion-portal-independent page and call from it Polarion WebServices.
Alternatively you may build a Servlet page and generate whatever client code - the servlet may be embedded into a Wiki page.

Best regards,
Nick

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”