Strange Checksum errors

Postby joergvf » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi,

using Subversive 1.0.0M9 I'm seeing more and more errors like this:

Code: Select all

Error
2006-04-03 16:11:35.40
Some resources were not updated.

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientExceptionEx: Checksum mismatch for 'd:\projekte\sgw.backend\src\promocode.ecore'; expected: '3ed289d9e519f28ef2bfe1457688f2cd', actual: '6ffa2f4fa64db8eaf8c8a4786676bcf2'
   at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.createException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:597)
   at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:568)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1306)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.client.SVNClientEx.update(SVNClientEx.java:675)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.UpdateOperation$1.run(UpdateOperation.java:105)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.utility.MonitorUtility.doSubTask(MonitorUtility.java:97)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.common.AbstractActionOperation.protectStep(AbstractActionOperation.java:114)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.UpdateOperation.runImpl(UpdateOperation.java:103)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.common.AbstractActionOperation.run(AbstractActionOperation.java:74)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.utility.MonitorUtility.doTask(MonitorUtility.java:82)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.common.CompositeOperation.runImpl(CompositeOperation.java:89)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.common.AbstractActionOperation.run(AbstractActionOperation.java:74)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.common.LoggedOperation.run(LoggedOperation.java:52)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.core.utility.MonitorUtility.doTask(MonitorUtility.java:82)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.utility.DefaultCancellableOperationWrapper.run(DefaultCancellableOperationWrapper.java:69)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.utility.UIMonitorUtility.doTaskExternal(UIMonitorUtility.java:173)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.utility.UIMonitorUtility.doTaskExternalDefault(UIMonitorUtility.java:163)
   at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.synchronize.action.AbstractSynchronizeModelAction$FilteredSynchronizeModelOperation.run(AbstractSynchronizeModelAction.java:83)
   at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.JobRunnableContext.run(JobRunnableContext.java:144)
   at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.JobRunnableContext$ResourceJob.runInWorkspace(JobRunnableContext.java:72)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Other developers in our team who use Subversion don't get these errors.

Is there anything I could do about this?

joergvf

Not subversive specifc...

Postby joergvf » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:59 pm

Actually other people here get the same problem, some remedies can be found at http://jroller.com/page/dunpanic?entry=subversion_base_checksum_mismatch.

Sorry for bothering.

ragerino

Postby ragerino » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:36 am

On the Link you provided are several Solutions, but i can't figure out what to do. Can you post the "Best Practice" Solution, with a very easy Description how to do this in Eclipse?

F.e. i tried to delete the Folder and replace it with latest from Repository. -> Didn't work for me. Got the Checksum Error again.

Why does this Problem occour?
Will you fix this error?

Is any Developer reading this Forum???

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Hello all,

We forwarded these errors to JavaSVN authors, but unfortunately they are not able to reproduce this problem. Sorry for complications.
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

vlp

Checksum mismatch for... error

Postby vlp » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:12 pm

The "Checksum mismatch for..." error appears after I try to commit file that is being locked by another program. I think it's easy to reproduce this behavior.

When commiting locked file, the error message appears: "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file".

After this moment, all successive attempts to commit that file fail with "Checksum mismatch" error. Cleanup, Update operations do not help.

I am using Subversive plugin 1.1.0.M8a. Previous versions show the same errors.

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:34 pm

Dear vlp,

Thank you for tips to reproduce the problem. I tried described approach and found that committing of locked file finishes successfully. Probably there are other locking conditions? How your files were locked? What tool did locking?

We will make another try to reproduce it.
Best regards,

Igor Vinnykov

Polarion Team

vlp

Postby vlp » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:14 pm

ivinnykov wrote:Dear vlp,
Probably there are other locking conditions? How your files were locked? What tool did locking?

The error appears when committing file exclusively locked by some other app. I mean Windows shared access file lock, not SVN lock. For example when I try to copy this locked file by any file manager, I get "File sharing violation", obviously SVN plugin gets the same and probably it's reason of following checksum errors and corrupted working copy.

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:14 am

Dear vlp,

Thank you. We forwarded this info to JavaSVN authors.
Best regards,

Igor Vinnykov

Polarion Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”