where can i find the tech doc of svnwebclient?

Former SVN Browser
chris

where can i find the tech doc of svnwebclient?

Postby chris » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:02 am

Dear all,

I'm chris form shanghai, china and I have some questions here.

The first is:
Who can tell me where i can find the doc about SVN Web Client?
Another question is :
Can we develop the "commit" function on svn web client?
anther word is can we implement the "commit" function through the browser ?

Thanks!

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:26 pm

Dear chris,

Unfortunately we have no developer/user documentation for SVN Web Client at current stage. It's open-source project and as well as most open source projects has a weak place as documentation. Source code contains JavaDoc entries, so I suppose that it will be helpful for souurces evaluation.

Our aim was to make user interface as simple and flexible as possible, so users, which are familiar with SVN can use it without any problems. I think that after evaluating a bit Web CLient interface must be more familiar. If something is not clear - please feel free to ask here - I will explain unclear things.

You con't need to develop "commit", because it is already supported by WebClient. Current limitation relered to web interface nature is that you are able to commit only one file at once. We think to add more flexible commit feature in future, but now in order to commit please perform following:

1. In directory content browse to the file, which you want to commit
2. Click on file name - file view will open
3. In the toolbar click on Commit button and follow instruction of commit wizard
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

chris

Postby chris » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:40 am

Dear ivinnykov

Your inforamtion is very useful to me, now i want to implement a svn web client on a three layer architecture's system, so i think Polarion SVN Web Client is very useful for me to reference. And more, there must have a lot of problems in my developing process, so may be i need your help in the future, thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,

Chris

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:09 pm

Dear Chris,

Please share with us the purpose of your system and requirements to it. Probably we can find some solution and contribute soem extensions to SVN Web Client instead of rewritin all completely from scratch. Please feel free to share/discuss any ideas.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Igor Vinnykov

Polarion Team

ayaseen

Project IDE Information required

Postby ayaseen » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:07 pm

Dear ivinnykov,
I am new to Polarion SVN Web Client, Our company is planning to use Polarion SVN Web Client and we need to do some developemt related to this SVN Web Client, Can you guide me which IDE you people are using for the development and can you please guide me, if i need to create project in jbuilder for eclipse starting work on this project, from where should i start?
Let me tell you I do have a good exp of working on Java/J2EE so I just need guideline for Development Envirnoment.

If i can have some Design docs for this application like Class diagrams or some other architecture related documents, those will help me alot.

I hope i will be able to contribute in the devlopment of Polarion SVN Web Client soon.

Hoping to hear from your side soon.

Kind Regards
Aamir Yaseen.

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:20 pm

Dear Aamir,

Your question was answered in the following post: http://forums.polarion.org/viewtopic.php?t=320
Best regards,

Igor Vinnykov

Polarion Team

ayaseen

Does SVN Manages Metadata Attributes??

Postby ayaseen » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:30 am

Hi ivinnykov,

Thanks for your detailed answers to my previous questions, and I still have few more questions.

Problem: I need to Manages Metadata Attributes in SVN.

Explanation: I would like to Add/Update/Delete Metadata Attributes for files/folders in my repositories using Polarion.

Does Polarion provide any interface for this functionality :?:
If yes :) please guide me how can I perform these actions :?:
If Polarion does not provide this functionality :( , then how can I develop this feature :?:
Please guide me to start development for this functionality.
I have looked into code, but if you can guide about some basic packages, classes and JSP pages. This will minimize my development effort and will improve my understanding of code.
Once I have good understanding of Code, I will try to make and share a design / architecture document, but I really need your input in this work.

Thanks in advance and Waiting for your Kind,Prompt and Urgent Reply :arrow: .

Kind Regards
Aamir Yaseen

Return to “Polarion SVN Web Client”