Changing SVN-Path?

Description
scrat

Changing SVN-Path?

Postby scrat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi,

we are running the Polarion 2.6 Enterprise Version. Originally it was installed with the standard options and it worked great.

Now we want to change the svn-repository, because our main repository is running on another server. Which files do we have to change?--> We already changed the install.tags (svn-path + user + password) and restarted the server, but now I am unable to log in...

further questions:
--> is it possible to manage more than one subversion server with one polarion installation?

--> when I closed a WorkItem, lets say it was a TestCase: is it possible to automatically create a new WorkItem, maybe with several options preselected?

JiriWalek

Re: Changing SVN-Path?

Postby JiriWalek » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:11 am

Hello,

you need to import general polarion configuation to the main repository, so please import the content of polarion/configuration/globa-cfg.zip to the root of your repository to the .polarion folder (http://your/repo/.polarion)

Than you should be able to log in as the user that is specified in the install.tags. On this account you can set the user roles. Alternatively if you have the user roles already configured on the testing repository you can import the .polarion folder fom your test server.

Than the problem when running polarion server on different machine than svn repository is that polarion needs to update passwd and access file (location specified in install.tags). So when you create the user in polarion the passwd and access file is updated. Can you somehow (eg. connect the newtork disk)
ensure that the access and passwd files are accesible to polarion.

2) no it is not possible to wok with multiple repositories
3) no unfortunatelly this is not possible now, I am creating the feature request for this.

Best regards,
Jiri Walek

scrat

Postby scrat » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:20 pm

Hi!

now I changed the install.tags (under Linux installation) and copied the .polarion into the repository:

now I have the following problem:
polarion recognized the existing projects, but in the projectlist (and also in the userlist) there are about 15 entries saying "N/A". When I click on the Label nothing happens...how can I delete these users/projects? (I think these are the demo-users/projects which don't exist in the other subversion-repository any more...

Greeting,

Andreas

dobisekm

Postby dobisekm » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi Scrat,

sorry for the late reply.

You have to run the reindex.sh (while Polarion is off) to update index to the new repository content.

Best,

Michal Dobisek
Polarion Team

PS: Please use support AT polarion.com for such enquiries - it provides a faster responses.

gavindegraw1

Re: Changing SVN-Path?

Postby gavindegraw1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

what is reindex.sh ? I didn't get you, can you please describe in detail !

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”