Fast Track Documentation

synchronity

Fast Track Documentation

Postby synchronity » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:24 pm

I asked Mr. Ströbele from polarion for a possibility to link codeparts to workitems.

he awnsered that there is a possibility by using the svn blame/annotate functionality but how to exactly do this is unfortunatly not documented in the Fast Track Documentation or maybe i searched on the wrong place?

dobisekm

Postby dobisekm » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:35 am

Hi Synchronity,

what Mr. Ströbele probably meant was that with FastTrack you can link revisions to work items and you can combine this with the SVN blame/annotate functionality to find out from which revision a particular line or codepart came. But there is not special support for this (e.g. annotating code with work item IDs).

Another option is to hyperlink particular classse to work item using their HTTP SVN URL. If you have such class checked out in your workspace and you doubleclick on the hyperlink in work item, the class should open in the editor (instead of opening the http url in the browser).

I hope this helps,

Michal Dobisek
Polarion Team

synchronity

Postby synchronity » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:12 am

Hi,

the second option is in my opinion not enough, of course we will use this feature. But the SVN blame/annotate functionality is interesting 'specially for Bugtracking issues. It would be nice if Fasttrack would support this in the future.

Return to “FastTrack - Tracking deeply integrated in Eclipse IDE”