Linked repository revisions

drzoidbergh

Linked repository revisions

Postby drzoidbergh » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi,

the help file says
The easiest way to create a link to a revision is to include the ID of the Work Item in your commit comment when you commit work related to the Work Item.
When I do so nothing happens. The file I commited is not added to the list of linked repository revisions.

In the Resource History Explorer I see the work item ID highlighted and displayed as a hyperlink. Doubleclick on it displays an error message stating that the work item referred to is not part of my local copy or my local copy is not properly synchronized. But I just made that work item and synchronized it.

I am using FastTrack 1.0.0 with Eclipse 3.2, our subversion server is at revision 1.3.1. There are no messages in the eclipse error log.

Any ideas anybody?

thanx j

JiriWalek

Re: Linked repository revisions

Postby JiriWalek » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 am

Hi,

you should select the linked workiitem on the Linked Workitems tab in Commit dialog.

Than the revision is:
* added to linked revisions list for the linked workitem(s)
* written to commit message and than clickable in resource history

The recognition of linked workitems written simply to commit message is polarion server feature only and this is probably not described in the documentation well.

You have probably written just workitem id without the project id and than the workitem looks like not accesible in FastTrack.

Can you please paste here how exactly does the work item link in your commit message look and what is the name of your tracker project in the workspace.

Best,
Jiri Walek
jiri.walek@polarion.com
Polarion Software

drzoidbergh

Postby drzoidbergh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:01 pm

Hi,

now it works. Making the comment <project id>/<work item id> as you suggested.

And, from the help file it wasn't clear to me that instead of making my project a FastTrack project I keep a separate FastTrack project in my workspace. (Working in the FastTrack project, I did not see the linked workitems tab.)

Thanx for the help
j

JiriWalek

Postby JiriWalek » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:52 pm

Thank you for important feedback. This is great chance to make the FastTrack better. We appreciate any feedback here in forums or sent to fasttrack-bugs@polarion.org (consider writing even just tips to this email address and/or even some comments from daily usage)

I will create a "defect" in documentation tracker and test how friendly FT works if there is mixed tracker/source code project.
Jiri Walek

jiri.walek@polarion.com

Polarion Software

Return to “FastTrack - Tracking deeply integrated in Eclipse IDE”