author name is always windows login name

stroebti

author name is always windows login name

Postby stroebti » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:51 pm

when I create new items the author of the item is always my account name of windows. I have however a different username in out polarion system.

It would be very helpful if there was a configuration setting in which I could specify the author name or if I could choose to use following options for author name:
- windows account (current behaviour)
- subversive login name
- user specific author name

JiriWalek

Re: author name is always windows login name

Postby JiriWalek » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:18 pm

Hi Tim,

how did you checkout you tracker project? It should use your svn login name as you have expected.

When using polarion server please take care of following the checkout process:

1. Create SVN repository locatation pointing to http://YOURREPO/PATH_TO_PROJECT

2. Select .polarion folder in the "SVN Repositories" View and call "Find / Checkou as" action in context menu

3. Select "find" in the Find/Checkout as wizard

4. System would checkout both "tracker project with you tracker" and "polarion server project = root .polarion folder = with polarion server default configuration and user account folders"

But even if you did not follow this process, but you have checkouted the tracker project by different way - but it is shared, so you can commit your workitems from your eclipse - it should use your svn login name. I have never problem with this feature.

Moreover in tracker preferences (main menu Window | Preferences | Tracker) you can in the worse case set you fasttrack login name manually. But please hava a try to help me where your problem is.

Best,
Jiri Walek
jiri.walek@polarion.com
Polarion Software

stroebti

Maybe because I have seperate polarion instance on my local

Postby stroebti » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:51 am

Hi Jiri,
actually I can't reproduce the error which is good as I can now commit under correct user name. But I am not sure what the reason for the behavior was.

Maybe because I had an additional polarion server running locally with the mentioned login data. Maybe the login data was cached and it was used also for connecting to our polarion server.

A lot of maybe I know...I suggest to close the thread. I will reopen it if problem reappears

JiriWalek

Re: Maybe because I have seperate polarion instance on my lo

Postby JiriWalek » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:39 pm

Great, thanks for info.
Jiri Walek
jiri.walek@polarion.com
Polarion Software

Return to “FastTrack - Tracking deeply integrated in Eclipse IDE”