Customizing work types?

ChrisL
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Customizing work types?

Postby ChrisL » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed FastTrack, and I'm very happy with it so far. I notice that you advertise that the work types are customizable... how can I do this? I couldn't find any info on this in the help. When I create a new work item, I only see "task, change request, or requirement". Is there a way to add custom types to this list?

Thanks!

zachara
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 8:06 am

Postby zachara » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:38 am

Hello Chris,

Unfortunatelly there is no administration UI in FastTrack 0.9.5 to configure work item types, thus you need to modify file YoutTrackerProject/tracker/fields/workitem-type-enum.xml manually.

For more information please have a look to Polarion Documentation to see how to configure the tracker project (or give us a question here)
http://community.polarion.org/help/inde ... g_wis.html
Best regards,
Andrej Zachar
Polarion Team

ChrisL
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Postby ChrisL » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:01 pm

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks for the link!

miseryshining
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:57 am

Postby miseryshining » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:43 am

ChrisL wrote:This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks for the link!


same here. i wish i could change the layout of the work items a bit, but if i'm correct that's only possible with the polarion server package. Even without that functionality fasttrack is pretty flexible and suits us almost perfectly. Thanks 1000 times guys!!

JiriWalek
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Postby JiriWalek » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:37 pm

miseryshining wrote:i wish i could change the layout of the work items a bit, but if i'm correct that's only possible with the polarion server package.!


You can add custom fields to workitems (also depending on Work Item types) even in the basic FT edition without Polarion Server. Again there is no administration section in FastTrack yet, but consulting the polarion documentation metioned above you can get to know how the configuration resources should look like.

When you create new tracker project together with "sample data" you should have following file in new project: PROJECT\tracker\fields\custom-fields.xml

The list of custom field types is : string, boolean, date, datetime, integer, enum:ENUM_ID (where ENUM_ID-enum.xml defines the enumeration, see polarion documentation again and/or the sample configuration).
Jiri Walek
jiri.walek@polarion.com
Polarion Software

miseryshining
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:57 am

Postby miseryshining » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:31 pm

JiriWalek wrote:You can add custom fields to workitems (also depending on Work Item types) even in the basic FT edition without Polarion Server. Again there is no administration section in FastTrack yet, but consulting the polarion documentation metioned above you can get to know how the configuration resources should look like.

When you create new tracker project together with "sample data" you should have following file in new project: PROJECT\tracker\fields\custom-fields.xml

The list of custom field types is : string, boolean, date, datetime, integer, enum:ENUM_ID (where ENUM_ID-enum.xml defines the enumeration, see polarion documentation again and/or the sample configuration).


thanks, i read that yes. By layout i meant the order of fields, and disabling some fields that we don't use.


Return to “FastTrack - Tracking deeply integrated in Eclipse IDE”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest