Configuring FastTrack without Polarion Server

crayzfishr

Configuring FastTrack without Polarion Server

Postby crayzfishr » Fri May 19, 2006 4:30 pm

What are the items that can be configured in FastTrack when it is being used without the Polarion Server? I created a tracking project and it has some XML files that are editable. Are there other files that can be added (e.g., workflow.xml) that will allow configuring things other than the files that are already there?

JiriWalek

Postby JiriWalek » Mon May 29, 2006 10:15 pm

Hello, FastTrack can be used as polarion client, so you can configure the FT project as any other polarion project:
- custom WF
- enumerations
- custom fields
- TimePoints, Categories

Unfortunatelly there is no administration UI in FastTrack 0.9.0 to configure the tracker project.

Currently you can have a look to Polarion Documentation to see how to configure the tracker project (or give us a question here)
http://community.polarion.org/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.polarion.xray.doc.user/admin_cfg_wis.html

We do plan to provide the FT 1.0 integration builds in near future, this version would have at least basic administration capabilities.
Jiri Walek
jiri.walek@polarion.com
Polarion Software

awilkins

Postby awilkins » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:11 pm

What would be deeply helpful would be a set of annotated schemas or similar documentation for the files used by FastTrack, like workflow.xml, workflow-internal.xml, etc. There is plenty of documentation on how to use the Polarion server to configure these files, but nothing I can find documenting their content.

While I realise this may not generate immediate sales of your server product, it could help familiarise people with the tracking engine without them having to download and install a server product that they may not need at the time. People comfortable with your tracking product are more likely to consider your server product in future.

Stepan Roh

Postby Stepan Roh » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:02 am

Hello.

Your point is valid and we certainly would like to have source-level documentation for all configuration files. However I don't know when will it be available.
Stepan Roh
Polarion Software

awilkins

FastTrack uses OSWorkflow

Postby awilkins » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:48 pm

Aside from the help file, which details the available options for custom fields, it's helpful to know that the workflow component of FastTrack is OSWorkflow 2.7

OSWorkflow Documentation

Even if you author your own workflow.xml, I couldn't get the standalone FastTrack client to convert this into the OSWorkflow XML file - workflow-internal.xml - that the server component uses.

However, if you use the workflow-internal.xmlinside the plugin archives as an example (or grab one from one of the public trackers that Polarion hosts), you can author your own workflow manually, as long as you observe a few caveats.
  • All actions must be components of step 1
  • You must leave the initial action alone
  • Regardless of what descriptive name your initial state has, the id must be "open"
  • Actions that set a resolution must have the meta tag in the workflow AND have a descriptive name that begins with "Resolve " (or the field isn't enabled in the UI).

Return to “FastTrack - Tracking deeply integrated in Eclipse IDE”