Some (Polarion) Icons are not available in FastTrack

SPeter

Some (Polarion) Icons are not available in FastTrack

Postby SPeter » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:43 am

Hi,

We are using FastTrack as offline tracker for Polarion and found some missing icons we used for the status field in Polarion (e.g. MAN_supplier_agreement_management.gif). These Icons are part of Polarion 2.6 but they are not delivered with FastTrack 1.0. Anyhow we want to use these icons (and later on some self made ones).

I recognized that the available icons in FastTrack are stored at Eclipse\plugins\com.polarion.tracker.ui_1.0.0\icons\full\obj16\enums

Copying the missing icons into this folder did not solve the problem.

Any hints?

Best regards
S. Peter

Stepan Roh

Postby Stepan Roh » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:42 pm

If you stored your icons in C:\Polarion\polarion\plugins\com.polarion.portal_2.6.0\webapp\jetspeed\images\polarion\enums and thus they have iconURL starting with /images/polarion/enums/, then placing them to eclipse\plugins\com.polarion.tracker.ui_0.9.3\icons\full\obj16\enums should work.
Stepan Roh
Polarion Software

SPeter

Postby SPeter » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:39 am

Dear Mr. Roh,

Thank you for your hints. I forgot to mention that we use Eclipse from a PC and our Polarion (and SVN) is installed at a UNIX machine, hence our Polarion icons are stored at:
/opt/polarion/polarion/plugins/com.polarion.portal_2.6.0/webapp/jetspeed/images/polarion/enums

The icon URL (taken from xxx-status-enum.xml) is defined as:
iconURL="images/polarion/enums/MAN_supplier_agreement_management.gif"

As we use FastTrack 1.0 the directory mentioned by you (...ui_0.9.3...) does not exist and I placed the icons (for example: MAN_supplier_agreement_management.gif) to:
Eclipse\plugins\com.polarion.tracker.ui_1.0.0\icons\full\obj16\enums

But when I launch Eclipse (and re-synchronize) these icons are still missing.

Is there maybe an issue between UNIX (Polarion) and PC (Eclipse)?

Best regards,
Stefan Peter

JiriWalek

Postby JiriWalek » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:00 am

Hello,

sorry for the troubles, it looks like the statuses per workitem-types are not well supported in FastTrack 1.0.

Question: in xxx-status-enum.xml you also define label, is the label shown properly for your new statuses.

Other possible problem is: if you define the new statuses on global level - in repository .polarion folder, not project specific - than you should have the root .polarion folder checkouted too.This is done by default when you use Checkout as > Find projects action, and the eclipse project is call XXX.server. Anyway you should check it such project is correctly checkouted.

We will try to do our best to fix it in upcomming FastTrack 1.1 release (to be released in less the 2w we hope).
Jiri Walek
jiri.walek@polarion.com
Polarion Software

SPeter

Postby SPeter » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:40 am

Dear Mr. Walek,

thank you very much for your response. All of our workflows are (up to now) defined globally and yes, I checked out the root .polarion folder as well. The labels are shown correctly - only some icons are missing.

I'm looking forward to update to revision 1.1 of FastTrack and hopefully our problems are solved then. Is there a kind of E-Mail announcement available that informs about the new version?

Once again thanks and best regards,
Stefan PETER

Stepan Roh

Postby Stepan Roh » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:34 am

FastTrack 1.1 is out now. Announcements are sent through
fasttrack-announce@polarion.org (see http://polarion.org/index.php?page=mail ... =fasttrack).
Stepan Roh

Polarion Software

Return to “FastTrack - Tracking deeply integrated in Eclipse IDE”