Features in Subclipse not in Subversive

vladimir.lapacek

Features in Subclipse not in Subversive

Postby vladimir.lapacek » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:21 pm

Hello,

Subversive seems to be a very interesting project. However, I miss some features already in Subclipse. So far these two are really annoying me:

1) The dirty flag overlay icon for elements changed in the workspace. Subversive uses the > character to mark these, but this is not very readable. Subclipse uses the star overlay icon, which can be easily spotted.

2) Click-able file names in the console output generated by running a particular SVN command. This link takes you directly to the file and you can start reviewing the changes.

Anyway, keep doing good job.

Vladimir

Alouf

Postby Alouf » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:11 am

1. Feature 1 is already present in subversive such as you can have a star on the changes files ( dirty flag )

2. That is a neat idea

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:12 am

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your comments. Please see my notes below:

1. You can setup this using settings located at Window > Preferences... > Team > SVN > Label Decorations. On the Icons Decorations tab you can switch on Outgoing changes to see star overlay icon. On the Text Decorations tab you can delete > character.

2. Yes, it will be a usable feature, so I added the correspondent task to our Tracker: SBV-2709 - Make resources clickable in the SVN Console http://community.polarion.org/polarion/ ... e-SBV-2709
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

vladimir.lapacek

Postby vladimir.lapacek » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:13 pm

Thank you for prompt reply. I have other two ideas regarding the dirty flag.

First, maybe it would be better to have the overlay icon set per default because this is what are users coming from Subclipse used to.

And second, I was able to change it but I had to close the project and reopen because otherwise the change in the preferences is not taken into account.

Regards,
Vladimir

Tuomaz

Postby Tuomaz » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:50 pm

With subclipse you have a view 'Pending svn actions' or similar that lists all changed files.

I haven't found this in subversive.

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:31 pm

Dear Tuomaz,

Yes, you are right, Subversive does not have "Pending Operations" view, but you can check all changes in the Synchronize View instead.
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:38 pm

Dear Vladimir,

First, maybe it would be better to have the overlay icon set per default because this is what are users coming from Subclipse used to.

It is our concept to make Subversive UI very close to built-in CVS plug-in UI because too many users worked with it before SVN is available. By default corresponding option is switched off in the CVS plug-in. So most users await this behavior as default.
Best regards,

Alexander Gurov

Subversive Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”