Unable to svn:ignore

PJAY79

Unable to svn:ignore

Postby PJAY79 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi

I am trying to svn:ignore a few files/directories from my subversion repository.

I have switched to the subversion repository view and deleted the files/directories from the trunk.

When i went to my project and tried to svn:ignore the files/directories on my computer, this option is greyed out.

So, I made a backup of the respective files and then deleted them from my project. I then copied them back into the project.

This time i get a question mark next to each file.

When i commit the entire project directory, the pop-up window asks me if i want to commit these files, it doesn't ignore them. There's no option to svn:ignore. When i go ahead with it, the commit of these files fails. Which is good, as they do not go into my subversion repository. BUT, shouldn't they be ignored instead? I don't want to have to go ahead and deselct these individual files everytime i decide to run a commit on the project directory?

What is wrong with this svn:ignore, why is it greyed out all the time???!!!!

I'm new to subversion so i might be missing something really basic...

Any help appreciated :)

PJ.

pnoeric

Postby pnoeric » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:35 pm

What is wrong with this svn:ignore, why is it greyed out all the time???!!!!

I'm having the same problem-- not sure why. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Stefan

Postby Stefan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:33 pm

hi,

i have the same problem as well.

i guess one should be able to add svn:ignore manually to the property list of a file but therefore you need to know the value it should be set to.

but nevertheless thats not the idea of it i think.

so perhaps someone more experienced could share his/her knowledge about simple things like that with us ;)

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”