Empty InputStream after Performing GetFileContentOperation

Wu

Empty InputStream after Performing GetFileContentOperation

Postby Wu » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:25 am

Hi out there,

i want to compare two Revisions of one file on the SVN server. Therefore I need a stream of the Content of a file on the svn server. I have a SVNRepositoryFile and I have the Revisionnumbers of the file that i want to compare.
After runnung the GetFileContentOperation I got empty InputStreams on both files.
Is there anybody how may help me

Wu

Wu

Postby Wu » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:21 pm

hello again,

is it possible that the GetFileContentOperation don't work correctly? I tried many kinds of files and i alway have an empty Inputstream when i want to get it with the getContent() methode

Would be great if anyone can tell me something about this operation or other ways to get an Input Stream of an specific Revision of a File on SVN server.

I'm using Subversive 1.1.9

Wu

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 pm

Dear Mr. Schmidt,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-in.

Unfortunately it is very hard to find the reason of the problem without code sample, but it is possible that you had not executed GetFileContentOperation before using getContent() function? If so, please call method run(IProgressMonitor) first. After calling this method you can check operation execution status using getExecutionState() method which will return one of:
IActionOperation.OK
IActionOperation.ERROR
IActionOperation.NOTEXECUTED

In case of error you can get the reason of the problem using method getStatus().

Another moment is why we do not respond in this forum. The plug-in itself (without SVN connectors) is moved to Eclipse.org. One of Eclipse.org requirements is moving forums to Eclipse.org also. So, this forum will be closed shortly.

If you have any problems using Subversive API, please use subversive-dev@eclipse.org mailng list. You can read how to subscribe to this mailing list at: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/mailinglists.php

Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”