Commit comment mandatory?

Ale_x

Commit comment mandatory?

Postby Ale_x » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:06 am

Hi everybody,

Currently if I change a file and try to check it in with the Subversive plugin, I can enter a commit comment in the text area of the "Commit" window. Unfortunately, this comment is optional, so it might happen that a check in without a comment is performed.

Question:
Is there an option to make this commit comment mandatory, so that for each check in a comment must be entered?

(maybe there is also an option in svn to configure this?)

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Alexei Goncharov

Postby Alexei Goncharov » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:21 am

Dear Ale_x,

you can make the commit comment mandatory. You should set tsvn:logminsize property value to 1, for example, of the root directory of your checked out project and apply it recursively to the children (check the corresponding option in the 'Add property dialog'). It will force the users to enter at least one symbol as a log message (commit comment).

Also you can specify an automatic property for all resources of your WC in the SVN Team preferences in an appropriate part.

But of course it won't prevent the users from entering one symbol or senseless comments.

Best regards, Alexei Goncharov.

tfa

Postby tfa » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:02 pm

I tried this out, but it seems not to work.
I set the property "tsvn:logminsize" to "3" on a file and its directory.
But I can commit changes to this file without entering a comment, or even comments shorter than 3 characters.
I tried it with Subversive 1.1.9_01 and several SVN clients (SVNKit, JavaSVN, JavaHL). What's wrong?

Ale_x

Postby Ale_x » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:11 pm

Unfortunately also for me it didn't work.
To me it seems that this is an option when using TortoiseSVN, but I want to use the Subversive plugin in Eclipse and prevent empty comments.

Regards,
Alex

tfa

Postby tfa » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Alternatively you can write a pre-commit-hook on the server-side. Have a look into the /hooks-directory of the repository. Nevertheless, a solution with properties would be nicer and easier.

Alexei Goncharov

Postby Alexei Goncharov » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Dear community,

I beg you pardon, cause you're quite right. This is not implemented yet.
This feature will be obviously implemented in Eclipse Subversive Incubation Project version on eclipse.org site.

Best regards, Alexei Goncharov.

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”