New Repository Location - No Authentication widgets

sslavic

New Repository Location - No Authentication widgets

Postby sslavic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:34 pm

On Windows Vista Business 64 bit edition I've installed 32 bit Java 6 Update 3 JDK, 32 bit Eclipse Europe JEE fall2 edition, and Subversive plug-in 1.1.9.01. When I open SVN Repository Exploring perspective, and try to define new repository location, there are no widgets displayed in Authentication 'Group' widget so authentication information can not be entered. Is this plug-in bug?

Alexei Goncharov

Postby Alexei Goncharov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:16 pm

Dear sslavic,

I've tryed to reproduse this problem and had no success. It seems to be some local problem of yours.

Do you get any error messages? Or there is simply no widgets in this group and that's all?

I'll obviously try to continue investigations and will notify you if any success is found.

Now I can offer you the following solution of the problem:
1. Create the location without any authentification information.
2. Right mouse click on the repository lable in the repository view.
3. Select "location properties" and specify the auth. info there.

Please, let us know if the auth. refered widgets are not visible for you there either.

Best regards, Alexei Goncharov.

Alexei Goncharov

Postby Alexei Goncharov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:31 pm

Dear sslavic.

I guess the problem is found after source reviewing. And if that is what the problem is the offered solution won't help you:(. It will be fixed soon.

Best regards, Alexei Goncharov.

sslavic

Postby sslavic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Thank you for quick reply.

It seems to be a problem in whole of Eclipse (in Window->Preferences widget Group doesn't have content, e.g. General tab, 'Open mode' Group widget has no content). I presume it is something with SWT, Vista 64 bit, Java 32 bit.

Alexei Goncharov

Postby Alexei Goncharov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 pm

sslavic wrote:I presume it is something with SWT, Vista 64 bit, Java 32 bit.

You're quite right;).

sslavic

Postby sslavic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:46 pm

What do You suggest, to whom should I report the issue, Eclipse community, Sun, or Microsoft?

Alexei Goncharov

Postby Alexei Goncharov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:27 pm

We have the same version of Vista with all service packs installed and do not get such problem. So Microsoft, I think, is informed;).

in Window->Preferences widget Group doesn't have content, e.g. General tab, 'Open mode' Group widget has no content

This is I guess Eclipse problem, the same as ours one. So as for me you should get them know about it.

sslavic

Postby sslavic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:02 pm

There are many Vista 64bit - Eclipse bugs already reported and fixed (e.g. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204953), but latest Eclipse release 3.3.1.1 doesn't include those fixes. Guess we will have to wait for release of Eclipse 3.4, and until then use nightly builds or latest stable builds like currently available 3.4M3 build.

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”