problems reported when running eclipse in headless mode

pkorros

problems reported when running eclipse in headless mode

Postby pkorros » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:56 pm

I am trying to execute eclipse in headless mode to perform builds using an automated build server like cruise control.

When I do this i get subversive related errors like the following:
Exception in thread "Thread-31" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.utility.UIMonitorUtility.getDisplay(UIMonitorUtility.java:46)
at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.utility.UIMonitorUtility.getShell(UIMonitorUtility.java:51)
at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.operation.UILoggedOperation$1.run(UILoggedOperation.java:63)

I am using the eclipse headless ant runner with the following command:

java -cp org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -noupdate -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -data . -buildfile build.xml

The ant file is refreshing the eclipse workspace and the triggers an incremental build using the following build file:

<project name="test" default="build" basedir=".">

<target name="build" depends="">
<echo>Refreshing workspace...</echo>
<eclipse.refreshLocal resource="/" depth="infinite"/>

<echo>Building workspace...</echo>
<eclipse.incrementalBuild />

<echo>Build done.</echo>
</target>
</project>

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:50 am

Dear Panagiotis,

The problem is happened because UI plug-in also started together with Subversive Core - it implements some extension points and installs its own handlers to the Core module. So, as workaround you can avoid the problem by removing UI plug-in manually.
But for future use, I think, will be great if we provide "Headless" update site which will not include any UI features.
You can track state of this task at: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=211420
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”