Copy a package from one project to another project

vogella

Copy a package from one project to another project

Postby vogella » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Hello,

is there a way to copy from one subversion controlled package to another project?

What seems to be happening is that .svn is also copied and then the files are marked with a big "!". I then have to delete the .svn directories manually.

Is there a brighter way of doing this? Best regards, Lars

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:10 pm

Dear Lars,

The Eclipse Platform Team Services does not provide interface for intercepting resources copying. So, we cannot correctly handle the Copy/Paste actions in the pop-up menu. Instead you can use "Team->Copy To..." action.
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

vogella

Postby vogella » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:02 pm

Hallo Alexander,

thank you. Best regards, Lars

dicker

Postby dicker » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:07 am

Hello Alexander,

I guess from functional perspective that appears to be OK.

But I assume that you have marked this as a show-stopper for subversive to leave the 'incubator' at eclipse.org. This appears to be a major usability issue; one can argue if that is an issue to eclipse.

In general: from what I experienced myself and read here in the forums, the support for resource operations and especially refactoring operations across projects is considered to be flawed. There is a mixture of usability and robustness issue, which easily lets you corrupt your client copy. Which in my case has already lead to some data loss for client changes.

From what I read in your comments, that must be a real issue to all team clients that are not file based, but implement some form of change set.

Best regards,
Erik

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”