Remote file status

Mumpitzstuff

Remote file status

Postby Mumpitzstuff » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Why is it not possible to see the remote status of the files as icon or text overlay so that i can see that some files changed by other users without checking the synchronize dialog all the time? This would be i really nice feature.

ldornbusch

no realtime status in svn

Postby ldornbusch » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:13 am

hello
again, this is a common svn workflow:
you cannot see the realtime status of a file on server. This is a limitation of subversion itself.
Usually you should not need to know who is changing a file. Subversion will keep track of this.
Otherwise, if you have often out-of-date errors and/or conflicts this can be pointing to either a design or a comunity problem.

Greetings,
ldornbusch

Mumpitzstuff

Postby Mumpitzstuff » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:39 am

I do not want to have the realtime status. It would be enough if subversive would scan the repository to check the status of a project on every start of eclipse. If a file was remotly changed an icon overlay or text overlay would be nice. A slow background check could enhance the feature.

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Dear Mumpitzstuff,

Did you tried "Schedule..." drop-down menu item in the Synchronize View? It allows you to schedule the synchronization process every N minutes or hours (scheduled synchronization is performed in background)?
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

Mumpitzstuff

Postby Mumpitzstuff » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:10 pm

To use the scheduler is a nice idea. But it would be really useful if Subversive would use this information to generate an icon overlay for remote changed files.

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”