"Update" asks about deleted projects

J S Green

"Update" asks about deleted projects

Postby J S Green » Tue May 23, 2006 9:02 am

I updated Subversive to 1.0.0.RC1 yesterday and now have a strange effect when updating my working copy (whether I update the entire project or just a single file).

I get a dialog popping up with the title "Select Projects" and subtitle "Select projects that will be deleted. All projects below listed below were deleted on the repository. Selected projects will be deleted from the workspace."

Not too strange yet, but the dialog has an empty textbox - no projects to delete. The usual buttons (Select All, Clear Selection, OK, Cancel) are at the bottom.

There is another curious effect which may be related: One of the files in the project root - a JPG image - is permanently out of synch. Immediately after updating it in the 'Team Synchronizing' view, if I resynchronize the project, this file shows up as needing an update (blue arrow pointing to the left). I tried deleting then reverting the file but there has been no change to this behaviour.

Any ideas would be welcome.

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Tue May 23, 2006 9:40 am

Dear John,

Yesterday at the end of the day we released fix build 1.0.0 RC1a. Could you please update to that version, which is currently available on our site? It resolves issue with deleted projects dialog as well as issue with repository location registration.

Currently have no idea with issue related to out-of-synch resource. Could you please try it in 1.0.0 RC1a?
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

J S Green

Postby J S Green » Tue May 23, 2006 2:08 pm

Thanks Igor - RC1a fixes the deleted projects dialog issue.

The other issue turns out to be that the file was locked. I discovered this by doing 'svn info <file>' on the command line. After unlocking it, the file updates correctly and disappears from the Synchronize view. Problem solved.

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”