Subversive prevents cleaning and building without warnings

Nightscape

Subversive prevents cleaning and building without warnings

Postby Nightscape » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Hello,
it took me a while to figure that one out: I upgraded Subversive to 1.1.3 which has JavaHL as default SVN client. I didn't have SVN installed, so Subversive couldn't find the needed libraries.
But the strange thing is that this prevented any cleaning and building without showing a warning or something. I had to search through the Eclipse logs to find out that Subversive was preventing the build.
Maybe Subversive should issue a warning or better even not prevent the build, when a library is not found.

Regards,
Martin

SMLP

Postby SMLP » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi,

as far as I know, the JavaHL client library is included in Subversive 1.1.3, so there should be no need to install it yourself.

Nightscape

Postby Nightscape » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:14 pm

SMLP wrote:as far as I know, the JavaHL client library is included in Subversive 1.1.3, so there should be no need to install it yourself.

Maybe it's not the libraries missing. In the preference screen where you choose the client there is an error message beside JavaHL saying "0x00100001 Cannot load libraries" I am using Subversive 1.1.3 with Eclipse 3.3 on a Fedora x64 machine.

But that error is not a big issue for me, it's just that I found it very confusing that Subversive prevents the cleaning and building without any notification.

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:51 am

Dear Nightscape,

The Subversive plug-in is distributed only with binaries for Windows platform. For other platforms please install libraries manually. Also it is important, that libraries should be accessible to Eclipse. So, please also ensure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains reference to SVN/SVN JavaHL libraries.
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”