The same log message added to all files?

mercyANDjustice

The same log message added to all files?

Postby mercyANDjustice » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:00 pm

It's possible to add the same log message to last revision recursively to all files?

Please help me to answer this question! Thanks!

ldornbusch

Re: The same log message added to all files?

Postby ldornbusch » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:27 pm

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but the log message is associated to a revision and in this revision are all files inside.
If you commit some files with a commit, all these files which were changed are associated with this log message.

It would be easier if you provide more details.

Greetings,
Lutz

mercyANDjustice

Re: The same log message added to all files?

Postby mercyANDjustice » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:19 am

Yes, I know that if you commit some files with a commit, all these files which were changed are associated with the same log message. But I want to know if you can "add" the same log message also to files which were not changed. Unfortunately, I think that this isn't possible or am I wrong? I want to add the same log message to all files recursively (wether they were changed or not). Like add propertie to all files. Is propertie refered to revision of file or not?

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Dear mercyANDjustice,

The commit message really is assigned to revision, not to resource. This mean that you have no way to change this message on the resource without resource modification. If it is critical task for you, you can set/modify some property on selected resources, in that case resources content still unchanged.
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”