Request (?): Enhance Add/Edit properties

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Mon May 15, 2006 2:35 pm

Dear Erik,

Thank you for this feedback. Subversive has the same facilities for recursive properties set as a Subclipse:
1. Select required resource
2. Select Team > Edit Properties
3. In the SVN Properties view in context menu select Add or Edit and define the property
4. Select required property and in context menu select Delegate

These actions will apply selected property recursively to all resources. Your feedback means that this feature usability is not enough, so I created correspondent work item in our tracker for improve it: SBV-1784 - Enhance properties support http://community.polarion.org/polarion/ ... e-SBV-1784
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Tue May 16, 2006 10:25 am

Dear Erik,

As I defined in correspondent work item we will add checkbox for applying properties to children in the Add/Edit properties dialog, so it will work as you expect.
Best regards,

Igor Vinnykov

Polarion Team

J S Green

Postby J S Green » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi Igor

I'm experiencing the same problem and I don't understand how to use your solution.

I have 600 Java files that need svn:keywords set and I don't know how to do it. They are in a hierarchy with 50 sub(sub(sub))folders so doing it one file at a time will be very time-consuming. Also, I cannot do more than one file at a time even if the files are in the same folder (Java package).

I cannot use the recursive (delegate) solution because that doesn't make sense for files, only for folder properties.

(I can do it one folder at a time with the command line ...

Code: Select all

svn propset svn:keywords Id *.java
, or if I know that I only have *.java files, I can do all with

Code: Select all

svn propset svn:keywords Id -R *
)
John

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:01 pm

Dear John,

Yes, you are right, current our solution doesn't allow applying properties only to files or folders. Thank you very much for this important note. We should care about it when will improve properties support - I included your example to correspondent task.
Best regards,

Igor Vinnykov

Polarion Team

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:38 am

Hello Erik,

I agree with you and your concerns are clear. We do the best as we can in order to align our plans with community requests.
Unfortunately we are not able to include SBV-2011 to 1.0.2 which will be released in Friday, but we plan to start it immediately after 1.0.2 and include it to the next build.
Best regards,

Igor Vinnykov

Polarion Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”