Fix published in MS12 "release notes" not working

J S Green

Fix published in MS12 "release notes" not working

Postby J S Green » Thu May 11, 2006 2:09 pm

I am using Eclipse 3.1.2.

I have been using Subversive since release 1.0.0.M5 in March 2006 and was reasonably happy with it but I am now becoming concerned that things are getting worse.

For example, in MS10, I could compare different revisions of a resource in the "Resource History" view but this has become steadily worse.

In MS10a and MS11, the compare function did not give any errors, but showed a blank "Quick Compare" panel.

In MS11a and MS12, the compare function pops up an error dialog with title="Compare...", icon=red X, button=OK. The Quick Compare does not appear at all.

Now this in itself is possibly not surprising considering that Subversive is under development, but in the release notes, it states for MS12 that:

Fixes:
* Cannot compare resources (PLC-WLG10K)

I tried to look up "PLC-WLG10K" and found this but there is no description of this problem. It sounds like this is the problem I am having, yet this defect is marked as resolved.

I have also, so far, had no response to my posting"Compare With Previous Revision" not working from 3 weeks ago. Should I be reporting bugs elsewhere than this forum?

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Mon May 15, 2006 12:28 pm

Dear John,

Thank you for this information. There was a bug in file compare operation, which is already fixed. The fix will become a part of the next build.

Work item Cannot compare resources (PLC-WLG10K) was related to different aspect - rework and improve compare operations. This task was completed to 1.0.0 M12, so included to the release notes.
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

J S Green

Postby J S Green » Mon May 22, 2006 10:10 pm

Thanks. I tested today and its working in 1.0.0.RC1

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”