Disconnected project after upgrade to 1.1.0 RC6a/1.1.0

merryploughboy

Disconnected project after upgrade to 1.1.0 RC6a/1.1.0

Postby merryploughboy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:48 am

hi,

after upgrading to 1.1.0 RC6a or 1.1.0 from 1.1.0RC5 i lose my connection to the svn.

Code: Select all

Subversive: '0x00000000: Open Project' operation finished with error: 0x00000000: Unable connect to 'xxx' project.
Please check that SVN meta-information exists and its format is supported by the current SVN plug-in version.
If so, it is possible that project working copy is relocated outside plug-in control.
At the current moment project will be automatically disconnected from source control.

using eclipse wtp1.5.2.

is this a known issue, is there a work around, how do i reconnect (share project did not work)

thx
mp

merryploughboy

Postby merryploughboy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 am

ok...
ignore the "share project did not work" thing... just have to be careful when respecifing the repository url.

still i think that disconnecting from the svn after a version switch (this worked in all the previous releases) should not happen.

greets
mp

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:40 am

Dear merryploughboy,

Starting from 1.1.0.RC6a we made API changes in result of which earlier versions of clients are incompatible with newest plug-in version.
So, if you updated main plug-in without clients the problem really can exists. In order to fix the problem please update SVN clients also.

P.S.
In order to prevent future problems we changed clients compatibility settings in 1.1.0 Release. Sorry for caused inconvenience.
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

amacg

Postby amacg » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:53 pm

I'm using subversive 1.1.0.Release (Linux) and still have this problem (fairly frequently). The svn command line tool works fine after the disconnect. Is there a work around to to enable a reconnect? To date I've had to clobber the whole project and check it out fresh (aggravating to say the least).

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”