Checkout into existing folder/file structure.

droogish

Checkout into existing folder/file structure.

Postby droogish » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi,

We currently have an application under a directory structure Server, in this directory are all the classes/binary files and other core files for the application.

We wish to link eclipse, from subversion, directly into this directory but not all files will be under the control of eclipse. So to do this I do the following in subversive.

1) Check out as from the Server directory in trunk
2) Create a new java project and link it to my Server directory (e.g. C:\maint\Server.
3) Fill in the details for compiling the project and finish to check out the files

This takes a while but when done I have the original unversioned files and the ones under subversion control, no errors and everything seems to work fine.

The issue is that if the file existed already it has a > flag and states that it is not under subversion control, this isn't the behaviour I was expecting. I was expecting the file to be overwritten by the subversion file, or this is what I would like to do.

If I try and Update to head nothing happens but no errors either. If I try and revert it comes up with the files that have a problem as they are not under subversion control and then the project gets into a mess.

We can't put everything in the server directory under subversion control because most of the files are platform specific and owned by a separate company.

It is also difficult to create symbolic links because some directories have a mixture of controlled and uncontrolled files and there are a lot. I have done this process before with CVS and team server which works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Richard

droogish

Sorted

Postby droogish » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:43 am

I have managed to get this working now, updated to the latest version.

Check out as, create a new java project but link it to the existing directory.

After checkout files that already existed show up as not under subversion control.

On the main project do a Team->Update and then a Team->Revert and all the existing files get updated.

All the other files I don't want under subversion control are left alone

[/list]

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Dear Richard,

We not shure that we understand your task and what going in a wrong way.
Could you please provide us with step-by-step instructions what we should do to reproduce the problem? And what we should see if all is Ok and what if some misbehaviour takes a place?
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”