support for subversion 1.4.*

TiTerm

support for subversion 1.4.*

Postby TiTerm » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:49 am

i have subversive client 1.1rc5.

When i connect to a subversion server v1.4.3, most of thing seem to work well until i commit. Then, commit is done but i have an error message with 'Malformed network data'. Anyway commit was done, and i just have to to an update on my client to see that modification was commited. I don't have this problem with server 1.3.2.

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:06 am

Dear TiTerm,

The described problem happens due to incompatibility of the default Subversive client with the SVN 1.4.x.
In order to solve the problem please switch client at Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Client to one of alternative clients which are supports the SVN 1.4.x.
These clients are:
1) SVN Kit 1.1.0 (pure Java solution)
2) JavaHL 1.4.2 (native with binaries for Win32)

If you don't find any clients except default in the combo, please first install any from our update site. Also please note, that Eclipse Update Manager has a bug in result of which depended plug-ins (like SVN Clients for Subversive) may fail at stratup if installed separately from amin plug-in. In that case you may reinstall main plugin together with the optional clients.
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

TiTerm

Postby TiTerm » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:21 pm

Thanks for answer.

Unfortunatly, the main plugins is not listed anymore once installed.

Finally, i reach to update with both clients.

I try both new, but i have a problem. They seem to have trouble to manage unix link. they complain about unexistant lock.

TiTerm

Postby TiTerm » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:44 pm

Everything seem ok now.

Server is in 1.4.3. Subversive 1.1.0.RC5.

Some test with checkout about 1600 files (binary img and source php,css)

I try JavaHL 1.4.2 but checkout was extremly slow. 4'05"
i try SVNKit 1.1.0, this gave the best perf. 0'27"
I try tortoise checkout + team share, checkout is extremly fast (0'6") but i need to do a team share (0'27") to make project as svn, overall perf was little slow than the best (0'33")

Whith server 1.3.0 and default client 1.0.4, checkout was 0'36".

This is for checkout but operation like syncronize, update, commit, is globally faster too with SVNKit and 1.4.3 server.

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”