Saved password still prompting

Gilthalas

Postby Gilthalas » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:54 pm

Alexander,
Sure. Here is what I have. I just upgraded to 1.1.7 to see if that was the problem, but no luck:

Subversive 1.1.7
SVN Client: SVNKit 1.1.4 r3248 (this is the one that went with 1.1.7)

I am running OS X so I can't use JavaHL

Thanks!

Gilthalas

Ben Davies

Postby Ben Davies » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:47 am

A colleague of mine is experiencing this with SVNKit. It won't remember his password.

We are using javaHL as an alternative but it's performance is pretty dire in comparison to SVNKit. While using JavaHL, a sync of 17 projects regularly locks up my workstation for minutes at a time, and is far slower at basic operations like committing and updating.

Ben Davies

Postby Ben Davies » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:10 am

Actually, after upgrading to 117, javaHL seems pretty fast. Huge improvement.

kgeis

Postby kgeis » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Alexander Gurov wrote:Could you please specify the SVN client library which is selected in your Subversive instance? You can check this at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Client.

When I use
the behavior I described happens. When I switch to
    Default Native JavaHL (svn:1.4.3 (r23084) jni:0.9.0)
I get the text in the repository browser, "< There is an error occurred while accessing the repository entry >". First off, remove the "There is" from this message. The error in the logs is "Get repository resource revision operation failed." and the stack trace is:

Code: Select all

org.polarion.team.svn.core.client.ClientWrapperException: The system cannot find the file specified.
svn: Can't create tunnel: The system cannot find the file specified.
at org.polarion.team.svn.client.javahl.SubversionNativeClientProxy.handleClientException(SubversionNativeClientProxy.java:867)
at org.polarion.team.svn.client.javahl.SubversionNativeClientProxy.info2(SubversionNativeClientProxy.java:403)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRepositoryContainer.getRevisionImpl(SVNRepositoryContainer.java:95)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRepositoryResource.getRevision(SVNRepositoryResource.java:97)
at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.operation.GetRemoteResourceRevisionOperation.runImpl(GetRemoteResourceRevisionOperation.java:39)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.AbstractActionOperation.run(AbstractActionOperation.java:70)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTask(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:105)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.CompositeOperation.runImpl(CompositeOperation.java:91)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.AbstractActionOperation.run(AbstractActionOperation.java:70)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.LoggedOperation.run(LoggedOperation.java:38)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTask(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:105)
at org.polarion.team.svn.core.utility.ProgressMonitorUtility.doTaskExternal(ProgressMonitorUtility.java:91)
at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.utility.DefaultCancellableOperationWrapper.run(DefaultCancellableOperationWrapper.java:55)
at org.polarion.team.svn.ui.utility.ScheduledOperationWrapper.run(ScheduledOperationWrapper.java:37)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: The system cannot find the file specified.
svn: Can't create tunnel: The system cannot find the file specified.
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.info2(Native Method)
at org.polarion.team.svn.client.javahl.SubversionNativeClientProxy.info2(SubversionNativeClientProxy.java:400)
... 13 more

When I switched to

it asked me for my password three or four times when I first accessed the repository. After that, I can browse and it doesn't ask me for a password. So it works for browsing, but I'm worried about compatibility between JavaSVN and newer repositories.

My preferred client is SVNKit, and it's working OK as long as I'm careful and don't do anything stupid like browse a repository.

kgeis

Postby kgeis » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:30 pm

kgeis wrote:I'm worried about compatibility between JavaSVN and newer repositories.

As I suspected, I switched back to the Java perspective, and I got the "Incompatible client version" dialog. So I think JavaSVN is not an option for me.

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”