Saved password still prompting

kzettel

Saved password still prompting

Postby kzettel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:34 pm

I have a problem whenever I import a new project set from an existing repository. I already have my password (key) saved for the repository and I can browse it just fine but when I sync, it prompts me for my password for every one of my projects. I can just click okay because it saves my password and preferences but it still prompts me for each project (about 30). This seems to go away if I restart eclipse.

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Dear kzettel,

Thank you for reporting the problem. Could you please provide us with additional info?
1) What plug-in version you use?
2) What SVN client (and what is the client version?) is selected at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Client?
3) What protocol you use (http, https, svn, svn+ssh)?
4) Do you use key files if these protocols are https or svn+ssh?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Alexander Gurov
Subversive Team

kzettel

Postby kzettel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:48 pm

1 Subvesive Version: 1.1.0.RC4
2. Subversive Default (JavaSVN 1.4.4(http://tmate.org/svn/))
3. svn+ssh
4. I use private key files with this protocol but I also had this problem with saved passwords.

This seems to work fine now that I have restarted Eclipse but it still happens when I import a new Project Set File until I restart again.

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Dear kzettel,

Thank you for information It is very helpful. The described problem exists for the svn+ssh protocol and we will fix it on the next week.
Best regards,

Alexander Gurov

Subversive Team

kzettel

Postby kzettel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:52 pm

It's happening again (after restart). Is there a work around?

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Dear kzettel,

Unfortunatelly at the current moment I cannot propose any workaround for the problem (except switching protocol if it is possible for you).
Best regards,

Alexander Gurov

Subversive Team

kzettel

Any update on this?

Postby kzettel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:50 pm

Is there any update on this problem? I am really pulling my hair out here and I cannot switch protocols.

SMLP

Still occuring in 1.1.5

Postby SMLP » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:21 am

This problem still persists. Happens with Eclipse Europa, latest SVN 1.1.5 and Client Java HL 1.4.4.

Strange is, we all use the same Eclipse and Subversive Version, on my Computer is does not happen but on the Computers on my Collegues it does happen.

Server ist SVN 1.4.2 (Linux).

googelybear

Postby googelybear » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:58 pm

I think I have a similar problem here: I get prompted for the password over and over again when I do a synchronise/update/commit/.... and I have to manually press "ok" since password and username fields are already filled out correctly. This is really annoying since the plugin could do this (pressing the ok button) itself and doesn't have to ask me every time.
Is there a way to fix this (maybe it's just a setting somewhere and not even a bug)?
One strange thing I noticed: When I go under preferences/team/svn/password mgmt the page is blank.

I am using Eclipse 3.3.0 and subversive 1.1.2 on Windows. The selected svn client is "java HL 1.4.3..."

kgeis

Postby kgeis » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:07 pm

I started having this happen after a recent update. I am running 1.1.5 against Eclipse 3.3. I tried downgrading to 1.1.4, but it still happens. This seems to happen with JavaSVN and SVNKit. JavaHL does not work for me for other reasons.

In the SVN Repositories view, I click to open a repository, and it prompts me three times. The branches, tags, and trunk locations show up, but the ROOT is gray with "Pending..." next to it. When I look at the Progress view, there are two tasks labeled "Get Repository Resource Revision" that never complete. After that, all actions on svn+ssh repositories hang. If I then try to change the SVN Client in Preferences, Eclipse hangs. If I try to exit Eclipse, those tasks prevent a full shutdown, so I need to kill the process using Windows Task Manager.

Needless to say, this is a big problem for me.

Gilthalas

Postby Gilthalas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:00 pm

+1

I have also seen this since Europa/Subversive 1.1.5. Have to constantly hit OK, even though the user/pass is saved from the time before, and "Save Password" is selected. VERY annoying

Also seeing there the password managment area in the preferences is blank even though I have told it to save passwords.

Not sure if this will make a difference, but since Mylyn and Subversive have had issues before - I am running the latest Mylyn as well.

Gilthalas

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:12 am

Dear Subversive users,

We found two issues with SVN clients in the Subversive version 1.1.5:
1) Latest native client version 1.4.4 time-to-time produces VM crashes.
2) Latest SVN Kit client goes to infinite loop in the Subversive environment when using HTTP/HTTPS protocol when credentials specified incorrectly.

Both issues will be fixed in the Subversive version 1.1.6 which will be released today.
Best regards,

Alexander Gurov

Subversive Team

Gilthalas

Postby Gilthalas » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:33 pm

*Bump*

Still a problem with the latest versions....

Gilthalas

kgeis

Postby kgeis » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Gilthalas wrote:Still a problem with the latest versions....

Same here. I'm still getting the problem where I go to browse a SVN repository, it asks for my password twice, then it leaves two tasks running (Get Repository Folder Children, Get Repository Resource Revision) until I kill Eclipse.

Alexander Gurov

Postby Alexander Gurov » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Dear kgeis, Gilthalas,

Could you please specify the SVN client library which is selected in your Subversive instance? You can check this at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Client.
Best regards,

Alexander Gurov

Subversive Team

Return to “Polarion Subversive - Eclipse Client for SVN”