SVN Web Client: Documentation

Former SVN Browser
nvigo

SVN Web Client: Documentation

Postby nvigo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:48 pm

Are there any place where I can find some documentation about the latest version released of SVN Web Client?
I mean a place where is detailed and explained the basic functions of SVN Web Client (ie. how to do a commit).

Any help will be greatly appreciatted.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards.

robertneher

Postby robertneher » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi,

to my understanding it is more a browser for your resources on your SVN server.
Commits are usually triggered from your favorite IDE, like Eclipse, Visual Studio, IDEA and alike.

Best
Robert Neher, Polarion Software GmbH

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:43 pm

Dear nvigo,

SVN Web Client is mostly oriented on repository browsing, but also allow you to perform repository changes: add, delete and modify files/folders. SVN Web Client can't replace your favorite SVN client tool, but is helpful in environments where users mostly browse repository or perform standalone changes. The advantage in this case is that you don't need any SVN client in order to commit new version of standalone file to server.

The most difference in compare with common SVN client is that SVN Web Client doesn't work with working copy, so you are not able to change some resources in your project and then commit all changes at once. But you are able to add separate files/folders to SVN, commit new version of file to SVN and delete files/folders.

All actions are presented in toolbar near Info panel. Actions set depends on current page. For example in directory content page you are able to add new file, folder or delete file/folder.

Regarding your question - unfortunately we have no documentation for Web Client, but it must be pretty intuitive, so you need to deploy and try to use.
In order to commit new file you need to browse to directory where you need to store this file then click on Add file button in actions panel and follow screen instructions. In order to commit new version of already existed file you need to browse to this file, click on file name (file content viewer will be opened), then click on Commit button and follow screen instructions
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

CaspertheHero

Re: SVN Web Client: Documentation

Postby CaspertheHero » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:31 am

As far as I know about SVN, the latest version announced as on the date is Apache Subversion 1.8.3.I have read online that this is the most completed subversion as of today. The last version released was Apache Subversion 1.7.13.

Thanks
http://www.fastsnoringcures.com

namal

Re: SVN Web Client: Documentation

Postby namal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:46 am

Oh okay, thanks, but the projects are removed from the community Polarion?

Return to “Polarion SVN Web Client”