Postby awang_inovis » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:32 am

My system configured as following:
Apache 2.0.52
Tomcat 5.5.9
SVN 1.1.4
Java 1.4.2
RedHat Enterprise 4
Latest SVN Web client snap build downloaded about 1 hour ago
The problem I'm running into is after I put in the username and password, the web page refreshed and stayed at the same login page. For trouble shooting purpose, I bypassed the Apache front totally.
My questions are:
1. How to generate the stack trace for trouble shooting? The "StackTrace" is set to true. However, I could find the trace file anywhere. I do fine the following message in the tomcat log file
"log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.polarion.svnwebclient.web.InitListener).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly."
Do I need initialize the log file manually or it's handled by the application? How to initialize if I need do it manually?
2. Any suggestion on the problem itself? Of course, without the trace file, I would assume it's hard for anyone to come up any suggestion.
Thanks in advance for all the helps.

awang_inovis

I found the problem

Postby awang_inovis » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:32 am

I found the problem, after I enabled the log4j facility. It seems the the application doesn't support local file access to the SVN repository. In the original web.xml, I have the "RepositoryUrl" defined as "file:///usr/local/svn". With this setting, the following error was generated by the application:
"ERROR: org.polarion.svnwebclient.data.DataProviderException: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL".
Once I changed the URL to "http://myhost/svn". It's start working.

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:40 pm

Dear awang_inovis,

Thank you for problem reporting.

SVN file protocol doesn't supported by JavaSVN library, which we use in Web Client, so you had a problem to connect file:///usr/local/svn.
Rework of login page was planned in order to resolve problems, which you described in first post.
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

Return to “Polarion SVN Web Client”