Simple questions on the source code

Former SVN Browser
vakyx

Simple questions on the source code

Postby vakyx » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:16 pm

Hi, i am currently modifying the webclient to suit it for some in house needs.

I have but beginner web programmer skill, so these questions are rather trivial but will speed up my work. ( instead of studying in depth the code which is slow due to my poor java/jsp/javascript level)

So here are a couple of questions for the moment:
1/ are there any variables in the java code that keep track of who is the current user and if so where are they located?

Basicallly I want to create some temp directories depending on the name of the user, and am wondering if the webclient stashes the user's name somewhere when they log in.

2/ where are the svn command lines called?

Basically i have files i want to add and commit to svn without having to go through the webclient dialog (skipping the user input). At first ive called the svn command lines directly from my java class, but due to right privileges over different networks and on the same network, the intended post-commit action does not succeed. While on the other hand, when i add these files manually with the webclient, the post-commit works flawlessly.

ivinnykov

Postby ivinnykov » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:57 pm

Dear vakyx,

I can help you with this. But nevertheless I suggest you to investigate the code. You can simply do it by set breakpoint in the AbstractBean.execute() and pass through code in debug.

> 1/ are there any variables in the java code that keep track of who is the current user and if so where are they located?

User credentials are used for initializing of SVN data provider. After login credentials are stored in Servlet/JSP session. If credentials are required and can't be find in session, user is automatically redirected to login page. Please see SystemInitializing class for details. Credentials can't be retrieved using following code:

Code: Select all

CredentialsManager credentialsManager = new CredentialsManager();
UserCredentials userCredentials = null;
userCredentials = credentialsManager.getUserCredentials(request, response);

> 2/ where are the svn command lines called?
WebClient uses JavaSVN for interaction with SVN. IDataProvider is used for work with SVN from Beans. Please see my posts in this forum where I described its concepts.

Hope this helps you. Anyway please don't hesitate to ask.
Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Polarion Team

vakyx

Postby vakyx » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:58 am

Thanks, ive managed to solve my problem.

And in the end i did have to study the code to solve my need.

Return to “Polarion SVN Web Client”