Konfigurarion help needed

Former SVN Browser
happenpappen

Konfigurarion help needed

Postby happenpappen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi,

i'm currently trying to install SVN Web Client version 3.1.0 with Apache Tomcat v6.0.18 as web container (JDK 1.5.0_16) on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9SP4. The application ist starting and is accessible via http://<servername>:8080/svnwebclient/login.jsp - presenting me a login page where i may enter a repository name and username/password. Our subversion server holds multiple repositories which are accessible via an Apache webserver (URLs look like this: https://<servername>/repos/<some repositoryname>) which does the authentication via a LDAP-server. I've tried several configuration settings for authentication in the SVN Web Client web.xml, but none worked. When i enter a repository name on the login page and the login credentials i always get "Your credentials are not correct. Please check them and try again." and the login dialog. As far as i understood the SVN Web Client will work like a proxy between webbrowser and svn-repository thus trying to log me in to the repository with the credentials i entered in the login dialog?

Has anyone a working configuration example where the subversion repositories are available via an apache webserver which is doing the authentication? Any help would be highly appreciated...

kind regards,

Christoph Stoppe

David.Wade@uav.com

Re: Konfigurarion help needed

Postby David.Wade@uav.com » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:59 pm

You seem to have had a similar situation
to my ( see post ) but I can't get as far
even as seeing the login page. Perhaps
we could exchange config files and help
each other out?

Dave Wade
David.Wade@uav.com

David.Wade@uav.com

Re: Konfigurarion help needed

Postby David.Wade@uav.com » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm

I've now got to the place you describe with the same message - my users are
not authenticating. I am using, however, only the passwd file to authenticate -
and, I guess, PAM - the RedHat Security mechanism for passwords.

Yours,
Dave Wade
(858) 312 2837

Return to “Polarion SVN Web Client”