[Resolved] Login Screen Posts to "localhost"

Former SVN Browser
jheiselman

[Resolved] Login Screen Posts to "localhost"

Postby jheiselman » Thu May 18, 2006 5:30 pm

I have setup Tomcat behind an Apache installation using ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse. The idea is that I just want people to use my standard Apache server as the interface.

On the login screen, the form always posts to localhost. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed or a setting that determines this value?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by jheiselman on Mon May 22, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jheiselman

Resolved

Postby jheiselman » Mon May 22, 2006 12:28 pm

Okay, I've determined that the software does not play well with Apache's Proxy directives. I have modified my proxy directive to point to the public IP address of the server and opened up port 8080 (my tomcat port) so that users can connect.

It would be nice if the application did not have the server name portion of the url encoded into the forms and links.

nxt

Re: Resolved

Postby nxt » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:28 pm

jheiselman wrote:Okay, I've determined that the software does not play well with Apache's Proxy directives. I have modified my proxy directive to point to the public IP address of the server and opened up port 8080 (my tomcat port) so that users can connect.

It would be nice if the application did not have the server name portion of the url encoded into the forms and links.

If you don't want to allow direct access to tomcat then you should use a tomcat connector like mod_jk instead of mod_proxy (or mod_proxy_ajp if you use Apache 2.2+).
This also gives you a performance boost since it will keep the tcp connection between Apache and Tomcat open between http request.
This will also solve your problems with the server name.

Return to “Polarion SVN Web Client”