Commit User/Author is not correct

Former SVN Browser
art

Commit User/Author is not correct

Postby art » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:31 am

I am using web client with two accounts but most of the time the when I commit a file, it taking always the author who created the file...

ex: I commit file with user1, Its showing the user2 always... I checked in SNV using tortoiseSVN also there also it has done the commit from user2...

Why the Logged in user is not getting set for commit?? is it getting cached... please help

art

Re: Commit User/Author is not correct

Postby art » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:26 pm

I tried the scenarios again setting the Author(user1) only read permission.

I logged in with user2 Now, and committed a file created by user1 and It added comment/revision with "user1".

It seems its taking author as the commit user name but authenticating with the logged in user.
Any help appreciated.

NickEntin

Re: Commit User/Author is not correct

Postby NickEntin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi,

sorry as I'm quite ignorant on the subject, but you can't do commit with the SVNWebClient, can you?
There is no working copy to make modification and commit the changes, all you can do is to upload/add a file. And of course the logged user is only one, which is available for the log (there is no "author" on the file level).
TortoiseSVN also has possibility to commit (like when you make checkout and then checkin) or you simply drag-n-drop in the browser.
In any case user must be logged in to SVN. In TortoiseSVN (and in WebClient as classical "remember password" browser feature) you can save your credentials and you'll be logged in automatically, but you can't be logged in twice with the same workspace...

I really miss a point here.

Best regards,
Nick

Return to “Polarion SVN Web Client”