MedPack : System Requirements with links to Software Requirements or Mechanical Requirements

Description
thomait

MedPack : System Requirements with links to Software Requirements or Mechanical Requirements

Postby thomait » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:01 am

Hello dear forum members,

I use Polarion with the Medpack to develop medical software. Now there are system requirements and below are linked, software requirements, mechanical requirements or electronic requirements.

Now I want to filter all entries from the system requirements that either have a link to at least one software requirement and / or to an electronic requriement. The linked mechanical requirements should not be mentioned here.

Can you please tell me how to do this? I am a Polarion beginner and feel lost in documentation at this point.

I thank you for the help and wish you a nice day
Thorsten

Jürgen

Re: MedPack : System Requirements with links to Software Requirements or Mechanical Requirements

Postby Jürgen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:50 am

Hello, Thorsten

Welcome :o

Your problem is not as easy as it may sound, because for example in the table view you can filter your system requirements, but not in a way that filters out items with specific children.

I propose two solutions, there are definitely more, but let's try the easiest ones first.

1. If the child items (electronics...) have different work item types, then the easiest way is to create a Live report in the form of a trace table. There you can select all system requirements, and for the linked items you can define, which types are shown in the table. Thus you can see in the table, which items are linked to your selected types.

2. You could open a tree view with e.g. electronics requirements, and show it "backwards", i.e. you select "linked" instead of "backlinked" at the top. This should then show you all system requirements, which are linked to the selected type. With a nice filter, e.g. for work items in specific documents, you could also show two child types in one table. Don't forget to expand the tree to at least one sub-level.

thomait

Re: MedPack : System Requirements with links to Software Requirements or Mechanical Requirements

Postby thomait » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 am

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for your suggestion. I've solved this by creating a new custom field which I can filter for. It seems to me the most pragmatic approach.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Jürgen

Postby Jürgen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 am

As I said, there are many ways to do it :D

kinoJeankic

MedPack System Requirements with links to Software Requirements or Mechanical Requirements

Postby kinoJeankic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:29 am

In it something is. Now all is clear, thanks for an explanation.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”