Installation on a new machine (data migration)

Description
RJR

Installation on a new machine (data migration)

Postby RJR » Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 am

I upgraded to a new machine on which I installed Polarion (I’m running Polarion locally). Is there an easy way to import all my projects and settings to my new machine? Or should I manually export them from my old SVN repo and import them on my new machine?

Jürgen

Re: Installation on a new machine (data migration)

Postby Jürgen » Mon May 20, 2019 6:45 am

I assume here, you have some basic idea of the folder structure of Polarion, else it will be very difficult to explain that.

The clean way for SVN is to to an export of the old one and an import into the new one. But there is a possible shortcut: You can copy the repo folder, plus the files access and passwd, to the new installation, replacing the files/folder there.

No matter if clean way or shortcut, afterwards you need to restart Polarion with a reindex.

I am stumbling about the term "all my settings", because that is definitely a bit harder. The question is, what do you mean with "settings"?

For example: Polarion stores the personal settings for each user in a folder ui-data under data/workspace, like table configurations, favorites... These are not stored in SVN. You can probably copy the folders from the old to the new system.

Other settings could be certificates, ini files, apache config... So I would need to know what exactly you want to copy.

Unfortunately there is no "copy all my settings" button available. ;-)

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”