Workflow automatization

Description
RJR

Workflow automatization

Postby RJR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:03 am

For workitems I can create a linkedworkitemstatuschange function so when a workitem its status is changed the linked workitem its status will change as well.

I want to make something similar for workitems and documents. For example: My document is in the status in review, all my workitems as well. I want to make a function that when I have changed all my workitems to reviewed the status of the document will change as well.

Is this possible by default in Polarion or do I need to make a scriptfunction?

Jürgen

Re: Workflow automatization

Postby Jürgen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:57 am

AFAIK this is not possible per default. I think there is no dependency at all between document state and work item state, same with approval. My personal assumption is, that document state/approval is rather meant as an alternative to work item state/approval, not really depending on each other.

RJR

Postby RJR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 am

Would it be possible to make a function for automatic workitem approval? The status change reviewed adds default approvers, so there is a list of approvers. I would like a automatic function when the last approver approves the workitem ( and all other approvers have approved so no disapprovals) the status of the workitem would automatically become approved.

raElmo

Postby raElmo » Thu May 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi RJR,

How do you make the linkedworkitemstatuschange function?
I would like it if when I change the status of a work item, this would automatically change the status of the work items that are linked to this work item.

Thanks.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”