Export to PDF with attachment in zip file

Description
ark

Export to PDF with attachment in zip file

Postby ark » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Hello,
I have a document with a lot of attached files. Is there any possibility to export the document as PDF with all attachments in a zip file? Any alternative suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards, Matthias

Salmolin

Re: Export to PDF with attachment in zip file

Postby Salmolin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:48 am

Would also be interessted in this topic. Or is it even possible to include the attachments directly in the pdf. This is from a technical point of vie possible for a pdf file.

Jürgen

Re: Export to PDF with attachment in zip file

Postby Jürgen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:52 am

I don't think that Polarion is capable of embedding all kinds of objects in a PDF export. Images will work, but attachments like ppt, xls or even more unusual things will probably not work from Polarion. I assume that you can only put things into a pdf that you can see in the original document. Thus you could probably add a link to the attachment into your document text, but then your export will contain the link, not the attachment itself.

I think the problem would be that in the PDF you would have to define a specific location for the attachment, like it is done in Acrobat Pro. So you would probably have to do it in the document editor, but the LiveDoc in Polarion has no functionality like that.

With the repo browser in Polarion you can download a whole Polarion document as a zip folder, but then you don't have the PDF, of course.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”