[Solved] Word Round-Trip | Header and Footer | Expand the standard properties set with custom properties

Description
SteffPoint

[Solved] Word Round-Trip | Header and Footer | Expand the standard properties set with custom properties

Postby SteffPoint » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:45 pm

I am customizing the Header and Footer of the Word Round-Trip Template. As described in the Polarion help, there is a set of properties, one can set as content control fields (as "tag") in order to retrieve certain values from the document which is exported.

An excerpt from the Polarion help:

You define a header and footer as you would normally do in Word. However, you can include some pre-defined "expandable" properties in the header/footer in content controls:

documentName (this is the Document's ID)

documentTitle

revision

date (date picker content control in Word)

generated

generatedBy

projectId

projectName

space

spaceTitle

updated

updatedBy

created

createdBy

productName

productVersion

Now my question is: Is there any way to expand this set of properties - like any custom properties (e. g. "documentVersion") which also can retrieve automatically data from the "current" document?

I guess there might be any way, as they talk about
pre-defined "expandable" properties

I am grateful for any kind of help :)
Last edited by SteffPoint on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

smarty

Re: Word Round-Trip | Header and Footer | Expand the standard properties set with custom properties

Postby smarty » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:33 pm

I am afraid "expandable" is only meant as: a variable in the template will be replaced by its value in the exported Word doc.

Regards, Martin
My environment: Polarion ALM 2016 SR2 on Windows Server 2012,
Polarion-JIRA Connector to JIRA 7.x

SteffPoint

Re: Word Round-Trip | Header and Footer | Expand the standard properties set with custom properties

Postby SteffPoint » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:41 am

Actually found a similar question, which already contains the solution:

viewtopic.php?t=97110

One can simply take the IDs of document custom fields and set them into the tag fields of the content controls :D

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”