Export (xlsx) LinkedWorkitems

Description
rehe

Export (xlsx) LinkedWorkitems

Postby rehe » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi,

i try to modify an excel export and want to add Linked Workitems. This simple use case works perfectly. And in my exported excel sheet I see all linked workitems named with link role and id.

But now I want to export linked workitems of just one specific link role. Is there any posibility to do that?

Thanks in advance.

chris.dickson

Re: Export (xlsx) LinkedWorkitems

Postby chris.dickson » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Did you find a solution to this? I have been trying to do the same thing but haven't figured out how to yet.

rehe

Postby rehe » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Chris,
unfortunately not.
I contacted Siemens (Polarion) Support and they told me to write an enhancement request.

Jürgen

Postby Jürgen » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:49 am

The Excel export simply writes the data of the exported work items into the Excel Sheet. Filtering can only be done on the level of the table view, where you can filter for work items with specific data.
Filtering within single data fields is not in there. Regarding the fact, that the Excel export is also used for an Excel roundtrip, it is quite clear that it is not possible to only export half of the field content.

It could be possible to write a report in a wiki page that filters the output like that, and then export this to Word (included in a LiveDoc). You would have to get the linkedWorkItems of an item as a list and then check in the list for work items with a specific role. However, in this environment you need to check the linked and backlinked work items separately, as far as I know.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”