Create LiveDoc Document on the level of the default repository

Description
SteffPoint

Create LiveDoc Document on the level of the default repository

Postby SteffPoint » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:51 am

I wanted to set up a LiveDoc Document on the default repository with the hope, I can link it in every project which is located in this repository.

Unfortunately, however, I don't have the possiblity to create a LiveDoc Document in the default repository. Only a wiki page, a live report page and a info page.

Is there still any possibility how I can get a LiveDoc Document into the Default Repository? Or any workaround how I can set up a LiveDoc Document which can be viewed from every project user group without any permission problems?

Jürgen

Re: Create LiveDoc Document on the level of the default repository

Postby Jürgen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 am

I think it is not easily possible to create a document in the default rep.

As a workaround you could create a project, that can be read by all users, and create the document there. You could create a link to it on the default homepage.

SteffPoint

Postby SteffPoint » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 am

Hello Jürgen,

thanks for your quick response and for the provided workaround.

Would it be then also possible to link to this document from left navigation bar in the Default Favorite Shortcuts for Projects / Repository and Groups? So that every user could access it via left navigation panel?

Jürgen

Postby Jürgen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

I don't know, but you can easily test this with any document and a user who may read that document. You create a shortcut and the user tries to use it.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”