Is there any kind of index.html of the GUI from Polarion?

Description
SteffPoint

Is there any kind of index.html of the GUI from Polarion?

Postby SteffPoint » Wed May 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Hello together,

I wanted to ask you, if there is any kind of index.html of the main graphical user interface from Polarion in the root-folder?

SaoBit

Re: Is there any kind of index.html of the GUI from Polarion?

Postby SaoBit » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:43 am

Hello SteffPoint,

there is an index.html file in the apache htdocs folder (bundled/apache/htdocs) but that one is not used for Polarion itself. It is shown, when you open the polarion URL without the trailing /polarion.

The portal is generated by the server.

I think it would be easyer to help you, when you tell us what you want to achieve.

Kind regards
Tobias

SteffPoint

Postby SteffPoint » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:39 am

Hello Tobias,

thank you very much for your response and the helpful informations included.

Can you explain me please what exactly you mean with "opening Polarion URL without trailing" and what is the sense of the index.html in (bundled/apache/htdocs) then, when it is actually not used? I am pretty new to Polarion and there are quite many things I first have to learn :)

My central aim generally is to find a way, how to edit with html and css the visualized GUI of Polarion. What I found out about css classes, which are for example used in widgets, is, that there are any certain CSS-files with a buildID (.../polarion/gwt/gwt/polarion/polarion.css?buildId=20171208-2017), which also sounds to me like it was created by server. But isn't there any way how I can force any changes to these builded files? Or to make the server create a new version of the builded CSS file with my requirements? For example changing some CSS-Classes which are used for example for buttons in Widgets?

I would be so thankful for a way or workaround, how to do this :)

Kind Regards,
Steffen

SaoBit

Postby SaoBit » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello Steffen,

Polarion is run as a service on the polarion server. The service really respondig to your browsers request is the bundled apache web server. It has three different locations configured with different methods of answering:
http://yourserver.yourdomain gives you the content of the htdocs folder - in most cases and even here apache shows you the index.html file.

http://yourserver.yourdomain/polarion is forwarded by apache to the polarion service that shifts bits and bytes and serves you the graphical interface.

http://yourserver.yourdomain/repo finally gives you access to the files in the SVN repository.

To customize the interface - you will have to keep track of everything you change as it is lost with the next update - you can navigate to %POLARION_HOME%/polarion/plugins/com.polarion.alm.ui_<version>/war/gwt/polarion
Ther is a bunch of css files that are used on every page. Ignore the buildId and add your browser to the filename. Then you get the right css file.

When you want to change styles in your own widgets or on some pages only, you can include style definitions in the wiki-code.

If you want to change the original css files, you should try to find a way to import your own file (in htdocs for example) to only maintain the include.

Or you get your users to like the (I think it's okay) original design of Polarion. Don't waste your time on design and start using the great features.

Kind regards
Tobias

SteffPoint

Postby SteffPoint » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:00 pm

Hello Tobias,

thank you very much for sharing your expert knowledge with me.

It helped me a lot!

Jürgen

Postby Jürgen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 am

If your goal is to get a little more "company look and feel" with Polarion, then you can exchange the Logos used on the Login page and in the application to use your company Logo there. It is also possible to exchange the Siemens Logo on the Login screen by something else.

Changing buttons and other stuff from screen masks etc. is not as easy and probably would need not only html/css knowledge but also knowledge about Polarion internals, e.g. knowing which button is defined at which place.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”