After login the polarion , i want to get the list of projects available for the user logged in.

Description
yashgolwara

After login the polarion , i want to get the list of projects available for the user logged in.

Postby yashgolwara » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 am

Hi ,

I am trying to create a plug-in for the polarion, when i am trying to login through polarion , i want to get the list of projects available for the user logged in.

code used for login :

WebServiceFactory factory;
TrackerWebService trackerService;
SessionWebService sessionService;
ProjectWebService projectService;
factory = new WebServiceFactory("http://localhost/polarion/ws/services/");
sessionService = factory.getSessionService();
sessionService.logIn("userID", "password");

** till now this is working

now when i try to get user details ::

User[] users = projectService.getUsers();
String uri = null;
for (int i = 0; i < users.length; i++) {
User user = users[i];
if (user.getId().equals("userId")) {
System.out.println("id.."+user.getId());
System.out.println("name..."+user.getName());
System.out.println("uri...."+user.getUri());
//value :: uri....subterra:data-service:objects:/default/${User}admin
//System.out.println(user.getDescription());

uri = user.getUri();

}
}

in this i am able to get the number of users, but i try to go for one user and get the details ....its not working..

ALMighty

Re: After login the polarion , i want to get the list of projects available for the user logged in.

Postby ALMighty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm

1.) Please put your sorce code between the CODE tags in the future, like that:

Code: Select all

WebServiceFactory factory;
TrackerWebService trackerService;

2.) Here is my proposed solution when using Polarions SOAP Web API with Java (which you use):

Prestage:

Just as a clarification for others, at first I needed to get my ProjectWebService instance (you have done that already) from my connection object which contains credentials and the WebServiceFactory.
Then I fetched the user object of the user that we wanted to search in each project. I did this based on the String "userID" which you have listed above.

ProjectWebService projectservice = myConnectionObjectWhichContainsWebServiceFactory.getProjectWebService();
User searchedUser =  projectservice.getUser("userID");
System.out.println("User id: " + searchedUser.getId()); // debugging msg

The core of the solution, hence the part that actually interests you, including debug messages (check also the comments, they contain info about null checks):

ProjectGroup projectsgroup = projectservice.getRootProjectGroup();
Project[] allProjects = projectservice.getDeepContainedProjects(projectsgroup.getUri() );

System.out.println("The length of the projects objects array: " + allProjects.length); // debugging msg

for(int i = 0; i < allProjects.length; i++ )
      {
         System.out.println("Project ID of object (counter: " + i +"): " + allProjects[i].getId() ); // debugging msg

if(allProjects[i].getId() != null) // alas there can be null objects in the project array, you have to filter them out otherwise you'll get an exception when invoking getProjectUsers
         {
            User[] projectusers =  projectservice.getProjectUsers(allProjects[i].getId());

for(int k = 0; k < projectusers.length ;k++)
            {
               System.out.println("User ID of user (subcounter: " + k +" of proj counter " + i +"): " + projectusers[k].getId() ); // debugging msg
               System.out.println("User name of user (subcounter: " + k +" of proj counter " + i +"): " + projectusers[k].getName() ); // debugging msg

// beware that there are null objects in the array you get with getProjectUsers() so either you invoke equals on the user you search (which is hopefully not null)
               // ... or you invoke .equals on the currently selected user from the array and prevent a nullpointer with an if
               if( searchedUser.getId().equals( projectusers[k].getId() ) )
               {
                  System.out.println("Yeah! User with the ID " + searchedUser.getId() + " is a user of the project " + allProjects[i].getName());
               } // end if
            } // end for2   
         } // end if
      } // end for1   

As you can see you have no other choice than to through all projects in the first for loop and then go through all project users of the project in the second for loop and checking each user, if it is the user for who you want to check if she/he is a user of this project (sorry for the ugly idents in the code snippet, I copied it straight out of eclipse :oops: ).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing a good game is never lame. :D

yashgolwara

Re: After login the polarion , i want to get the list of projects available for the user logged in.

Postby yashgolwara » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:51 am

Hi ,

it was really helpful, did some workaround to skip the null pointer exception while iterating through projectGroup.

When i am trying to create the workitem, i am getting exception saying "ERROR Exception:
java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null." , but i am setting the type before passing it to create workitem.

code i am using fr getting list of projects with read only and read and write permission, will just post for the reference hope this helps the developers in future.

Project[] projects = projectService.getDeepContainedProjects(projectService.getRootProjectGroup().getUri());
      List<Project> projectsWithWritePermission = new ArrayList<Project>();
      List<Project> projectsWithReadPermission = new ArrayList<Project>();

for (Project project : projects) {
         String projectId = projectService.getProjectByURI(project.getUri()).getId();
         boolean permission = securityService.canReadInstance(project.getUri());
         if (permission) {
            // projectService.getProjectByURI(projects[1].getUri());

boolean create = securityService.hasCurrentUserPermission(
                  "com.polarion.persistence.object.WorkItem.create",
                  projectService.getProjectByURI(project.getUri()).getId());
            projectsWithReadPermission.add(project);
            if (create) {
               projectsWithWritePermission.add(project);
               boolean instance = securityService.canCreateInstances("testcase",
                     projectService.getProjectByURI(project.getUri()).getId());
            }
         }
      }
      for (Project project : projectsWithReadPermission) {
         projectNamesWithReadPermission.add(project.getName());
      }

for (Project project : projectsWithWritePermission) {
         projectNamesWithWritePermission.add(project.getName());

}

now after getting the list of projects , When i am trying to create workitem,
In documentation its mentioned : The Project and the Type must be set , i am setting both the values ...
i tried using update workitem method as well , but it also throws the same exception.

for (Project project : projectsWithWritePermission) {

WorkItem wi = new WorkItem();
         wi.setProject(project);
         wi.setAuthor(projectService.getUser("USERID"));
         Text text = new Text();
         text.setContent("testing creation of workitem");
         wi.setDescription(text);
         EnumOptionId type = new EnumOptionId();
         type.setId("testcase");
         wi.setType(type);
         //EnumOptionId testType = new EnumOptionId();
         // testType.setId("testcase");
          wi.setTitle("testing the workitem creation");

String wiURI = trackerService.createWorkItem(wi);
}

but i am getting excpetion as

ERROR Exception:
java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:215)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serializeActual(SerializationContext.java:1504)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:980)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:734)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:230)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serializeActual(SerializationContext.java:1504)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:980)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:801)
   at org.apache.axis.message.RPCParam.serialize(RPCParam.java:208)
   at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.outputImpl(RPCElement.java:433)
   at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:1208)
   at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody.outputImpl(SOAPBody.java:139)
   at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope.outputImpl(SOAPEnvelope.java:478)
   at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:315)
   at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:269)
   at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.saveChanges(SOAPPart.java:530)
   at org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl.getAttachmentCount(AttachmentsImpl.java:554)
   at org.apache.axis.Message.saveChanges(Message.java:621)
   at org.apache.axis.handlers.HandlerChainImpl.postInvoke(HandlerChainImpl.java:208)
   at org.apache.axis.handlers.HandlerChainImpl.handleRequest(HandlerChainImpl.java:154)
   at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:143)
   at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
   at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
   at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
   at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
   at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.tracker.TrackerWebServiceSoapBindingStub.createWorkItem(TrackerWebServiceSoapBindingStub.java:6902)
   at com.polarion.example.login.PolarionProjectStructure.gettingProjects(PolarionProjectStructure.java:106)
   at com.polarion.example.login.PolarionProjectStructure.main(PolarionProjectStructure.java:24)
ERROR Exception:
java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:275)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:734)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:230)
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:801)
   at org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl.getAttachmentCount(AttachmentsImpl.java:554)
   at org.apache.axis.handlers.HandlerChainImpl.postInvoke(HandlerChainImpl.java:208)
   at org.apache.axis.handlers.HandlerChainImpl.handleRequest(HandlerChainImpl.java:154)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.tracker.TrackerWebServiceSoapBindingStub.createWorkItem(TrackerWebServiceSoapBindingStub.java:6902)
   at com.polarion.example.login.PolarionProjectStructure.gettingProjects(PolarionProjectStructure.java:106)
   at com.polarion.example.login.PolarionProjectStructure.main(PolarionProjectStructure.java:24)
WARN  Exception:
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
   {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:275)

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:AAEINBLR08155L

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
   at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
   at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:317)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
   ... 15 more
ERROR Exception:
   at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:215)
   at org.apache.axis.Message.saveChanges(Message.java:631)
ERROR Exception:
ERROR Exception:
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
   {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
   ... 14 more
ERROR Exception:
   at org.apache.axis.Message.getContentType(Message.java:486)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender.addContextInfo(CommonsHTTPSender.java:547)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPSender.java:187)
   at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
   at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
ERROR Exception:
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender.addContextInfo(CommonsHTTPSender.java:547)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPSender.java:187)
   at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
WARN  Exception:
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

... 18 more
ERROR Exception:
   at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getContentLength(SOAPPart.java:229)
   at org.apache.axis.Message.getContentLength(Message.java:510)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender$MessageRequestEntity.getContentLength(CommonsHTTPSender.java:926)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.getRequestContentLength(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:336)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.addContentLengthRequestHeader(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:406)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.addRequestHeaders(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:374)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequestHeaders(HttpMethodBase.java:2177)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2060)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1096)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPSender.java:229)
ERROR Exception:
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender$MessageRequestEntity.getContentLength(CommonsHTTPSender.java:926)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.getRequestContentLength(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:336)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.addContentLengthRequestHeader(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:406)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.addRequestHeaders(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:374)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequestHeaders(HttpMethodBase.java:2177)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2060)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1096)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPSender.java:229)
ERROR Exception:
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:484)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2114)
ERROR Exception:
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:484)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2114)
ERROR Exception:
   at org.apache.axis.Message.writeTo(Message.java:535)
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender$MessageRequestEntity.writeRequest(CommonsHTTPSender.java:911)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:499)
ERROR Exception:
   at com.polarion.alm.ws.client.internal.connection.CommonsHTTPSender$MessageRequestEntity.writeRequest(CommonsHTTPSender.java:911)
   at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:499)
WARN  Exception:
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

... 24 more

ALMighty

Postby ALMighty » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm

yashgolwara wrote:
When i am trying to create the workitem, i am getting exception saying "ERROR Exception:
java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null." , but i am setting the type before passing it to create workitem.

Try this for setting the type, this is how I did it all the time when creating work items:

workItem.setType(new EnumOptionId("testcase"));

Make also sure that there is a wokr item type in your project which has the id testcase.

The other mandatory fields besides the type for creating a work item are author, project and description,
which you have set as far as I can see however I think it might throw an exception the way you set the description. If it does, try this:

workItem.setDescription(new Text("text/plain", " ", false));

Which is an empty description but technically has at least space.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing a good game is never lame. :D

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”