Polarion-to-JIRA synchronization problem

Description
gignacz

Polarion-to-JIRA synchronization problem

Postby gignacz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Hello,

I have the following problem:
I specified projects and workitem types / issue types for both sides,
specified the details of field mapping, and executed manually the sync pair.
I realized some really strange behavior, like:
- contents of another JIRA project were modified
- issues of other types were changed and their issue type (!) was changed
- assignee property was modified to plausible but different valuaes than the Polarion

Has anyone had similar problems?

Some background information:
Both Polarion and JIRA has multiple projects.
The synchronization is one way (Left-to-right) from Polarion to JIRA.
The Sync Pair is defined in the "Connectors" of one particular (the source) project, so it is not global.
On the Sync Pair settings,
JIRA configuraition specifies the (target) Project and JQL Query the issue type, and Polarion configuration specifies the (Lucene) Query the workitem type.
Type mapping is only defined for the one workitem type / issue type, which I want to synchronize.

I want to limit the sync
- to the specified project on both the source (Polarion) and the target (JIRA) side
- AND to the specified work item / issue type.

For limiting the project on Polarion side, is it enough to define the sync pair on a project level?
Or you have to add the source project to the Query on the "Polarion Configuration" part of the Sync Pair?

For limiting the project on the JIRA side, is it enough to specify the "Project" on the "Jira Configuration" part of the Sync Pair?
Or you have to add the target project to the JQL Query on the "Jira Configuration" part of the Sync Pair?

Is it possible that issues are modified in JIRA in other projects than specified by the "Project" on the "Jira Configuration" part of the Sync Pair?

Is it possible at all that the issue type of the target JIRA issue is changed if it is not the type specified in the "Type mapping" and neither in JQL query?

Is it possible that (maybe) if multiple sync_pairs are defined for a connection, when one is executed (manually), it interferes somehow with others?
I assume this is a bug then...

Thank you,
Gergely

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”