Testcases: How to show more than 10 results in the Test Records field?

Description
ALMighty

Testcases: How to show more than 10 results in the Test Records field?

Postby ALMighty » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Hello dear community! :)

I use Polarion® ALM™ 2016, Build 3.something (I think that is SR3 then) and I have a question concerning test cases:

Is it possible to show more than just 10 of the previous test results (of a test case)
with the dropdwon menu of the test record section in a test case? The attached screenshot shows more precisely what I mean (if the attachment it is not visible, see it here instead: https://abload.de/img/testcases_maximum_numpvpkp.png).

I know of course work arounds which allow me to fetch any amount of test records I like, for example:
1.) A wiki page in which you fetch the test records of a test case with the TestManagementsService class, like described in this thread.
2.) Creating a Java application in which I fetch the test records with the help of the TestManagementWebService class of the Polarion Web API.

HOWEVER I want to this do with the dropdown menu only and I wondered if it possible to overcome the limitations it has by simply editing this menu.

Any ideas? :D
Attachments
Testcases_maximum_number_of_results.png
Polarion Testcase with test records dropdown menu. Is it possible to modify the dropdown menu to show more results?
Testcases_maximum_number_of_results.png (35.06 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Last edited by ALMighty on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing a good game is never lame. :D

mhoe

Re: Testcases: How to show more than 10 results in the Test Records field?

Postby mhoe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi ALMighty,

go to Administration -> Work Items -> Form Configuration and select your Workitem type (Testcase).
In XML you can configure the appearance of the "Test Records" chapter. In my case there are only 2 values (10 and 50) in the Combobox. The code looks that:

<extension counts="10,50" id="test-records" label="Test Records"/>

Regards Marco

ALMighty

Re: Testcases: How to show more than 10 results in the Test Records field?

Postby ALMighty » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 pm

mhoe wrote:go to Administration -> Work Items -> Form Configuration and select your Workitem type (Testcase).
In XML you can configure the appearance of the "Test Records" chapter. In my case there are only 2 values (10 and 50) in the Combobox. The code looks that:
<extension counts="10,50" id="test-records" label="Test Records"/>

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!
Withyour hints I could modify the dropdown field.

I have two questions though:

Could it be that the test records field has still another limitation though?
    I have a test case that has 38 in total executions according to my query result
    in Polarions database, yet when I try to select 30 with the dropdwon menu it still shows 28. :?

Is it possible to edit the "Execute Test" field (see attachment section) also, like adding a filter for testruns or show the former results of each test step?
Attachments
executeTestField.PNG
executeTestField.PNG (6.23 KiB) Viewed 149 times
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing a good game is never lame. :D

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”