workItem status

Description
Janez

workItem status

Postby Janez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:43 pm

I create a function who is create same clild's. The function is called when the status in change-request action is changed from one state to another. The function create child's depends some condition. Everything is ok, except status on primary work item. The status of work item is changed to undefinitive status.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Janez

Re: workItem status

Postby Janez » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 pm

On the picture you can see how changerequest status is set to Reoopened. And This status in not set on init method.

Do you have any idea to change status?

[img]
status.PNG
[/img]
Attachments
status.PNG
status.PNG (41.74 KiB) Viewed 850 times

ALMighty

Re: workItem status

Postby ALMighty » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Janez wrote:On the picture you can see how changerequest status is set to Reoopened. And This status in not set on init method.

I had once this problem too. :D
A parent item of which I have set the status from "Resolved" to "Open" set a lot of child items on the status "reopened" through a LinkedWorkItemChange function in the work flow designer. :D

Solution: You have to recreate the "reopened" status for the work item type (to which these affected items belong) in the Administration section of the project. Yes, I know it sounds odd: You have to create the reopened status for items that have already the reopend status. However only through that you can then create a transition form reopened to other statuses and release these items from their trap.

In my attached screenshot you find the details (press *Right click* on the picture and then "View Image" for getting the large version.
Let me know if it was clear enough. :wink:
Attachments
Recreating_reopened_status.png
How to recreate the reopened status
Recreating_reopened_status.png (234.54 KiB) Viewed 832 times
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing a good game is never lame. :D

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”