How to query custom field (are dots an issue?)

Description
jschumann

How to query custom field (are dots an issue?)

Postby jschumann » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi,

I would like to query all work items which have a specific value in a custom field. However, the result is always empty and I wonder what the issue might be.

Setup
tool: Polarion ALM 2016
custom field name: "com.example.polarion.customfield.field1"
custom field type: "enum:com.example.polarion.enum.enum1"
enum ids (example): "com.example.enum1.id1"
query generated by Polarion UI: "com.example.polarion.customfield.field1.KEY:com.example.enum1.id1 yields an empty result set

What I tried
  • Reindex everything
  • Clear Cache
  • query with "com.example.polarion.customfield.field1.KEY:com.example.enum1.id1" -> empty result
  • query with "HAS_VALUE:com.example.polarion.customfield.field1" -> empty result
  • query with "HAS_VALUE:com.example.polarion.customfield.field1.KEY" -> empty result
  • query with "NOT HAS_VALUE:com.example.polarion.customfield.field1.KEY" -> all workitems

Questions
  1. How can I query custom fields with custom enumerations? Even the query from the Polarion UI didn't work!
  2. Does Polarion not handle dots in IDs very well? If so then why can I enter them in the first place? I cannot enter spaces, for example

jschumann

Re: How to query custom field (are dots an issue?)

Postby jschumann » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Solution
It seems, that replacing . by _ in each custom field etc. solves the issue.

@Polarion-Team
If this is the case then please don't allow IDs with .! Spaces are already prohibited and cannot be entered. Do the same with dots, please. The usability of Polarion is already on the level of software from 1995. Please try to improve. :wink:

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”