can't update Polarion

Description
ValeV

can't update Polarion

Postby ValeV » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:43 am

Hi all,
I am having problems updating our company's Polarion 2015 to version 17.1.
[*]I downloaded update from https://polarion.plm.automation.siemens.com/downloads/update.
[*]I installed latest oracle java 8 to default location.
[*]I ran file update.bat as administrator from downloaded folder. I get an error:

Code: Select all

Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion' has value '1.8', but '1.7' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.
Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion' has value '1.8', but '1.7' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.

I don't understand why it says it needs java 1.7.x, if it's written in Polarion's documentation that it uses java 1.8.x. I uninstalled 1.8, but then I get an error that I need version 1.8. So it's an endless loop, which as a programmer, I dont like it. :D

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jürgen

Re: can't update Polarion

Postby Jürgen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi, ValeV

I had a similar problem, which was caused by having two Java versions on my system. The one bundled with Polarion and the one in the default location (program files...).

It was a matter of setting path names (environment variables) correctly. I also added the path to the right java version to the call in update.bat.

SamuelSorge

Re: can't update Polarion

Postby SamuelSorge » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi there,

how did you manage to download the update file? Each time i try to download it, I get the following error message:
"Your form was submitted.
However, the page we're trying to show you can't be found."

Thanks and regards,
jawa

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”