Restart Work Item ID Numbering

Description
jake.lord

Restart Work Item ID Numbering

Postby jake.lord » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:13 pm

We have a project that was created from a custom template - it had some existing work items inside of it with the last ID at ~30000. All work items have now been removed and we would like to start the numbering back at 1.

I've tried refreshing index, clearing cache, and setting the number in the .idgen-workitem file to 1, but creating a new work item automatically changes the file back to ~30000(+1).

Is the easiest method to accomplish this to create another template from this project and then create another project from that? It would be nice if a new project did not have to be created

JerryLlave

Re: Restart Work Item ID Numbering

Postby JerryLlave » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:13 pm

I too am interested in finding this out - did you eventually get a solution for this? Or did your workaround work?

smarty

Re: Restart Work Item ID Numbering

Postby smarty » Tue May 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Hello jake.lord,

since 2015 SR3 the .idgen file is no longer used (cf. Configuration.txt of the update installer package):
We used to store idgen files in repository for various artifacts, which kept the highest used counter in the object ID. These files are no longer needed and you can safely delete them from your repository. Removal is completely optional and it will not affect Polarion in any way if you choose not to clean out the idgen files.

The current way of tracking WI IDs is not explained (Postgres DB?) so you should better ask Polarion support if a reset is possible.

Regards, Martin
My environment: Polarion ALM 2016 SR2 on Windows Server 2012,
Polarion-JIRA Connector to JIRA 7.x

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”